UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Beannacht Dia from Galway

Old 20-02-2006, 02:59 PM   #1
paso907ie

Beannacht Dia from Galway

thats God Bless from Galway....I hope I'm allowed to join being in Ireland, but I cant get any parts here easily, I bought my Monster in London, but since bring it back I've realised that I need a good mail order shop.
Are there any other Irish owners on here? Have you used any reliable people.

slan leat (good bye)

Diarm
Old 20-02-2006, 03:10 PM   #2
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Bike: Other Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by paso907ie
I hope I'm allowed to join being in Ireland
Last time i checked, ireland was part of the UK so welcome aboard. There are a small number of fellow irelanders (is that right) i'm sure they'll be along soon.
Old 20-02-2006, 03:11 PM   #3
Shandy

Welcome,

Stuart the spares geezer is allways a good source for parts and general bits and bobs i think they will deliver anywhere too, follow the link below to have a look,

http://www.spareshack.com/

Cheers,

Shandy

PS keep your eye on the for sale forum, theres usually some stuff in there up for grabs.
Old 20-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #4
Pugi

Hi and welcome. There are members from several countries so why not another irishman? Don't know about irish mailorders but the one of choice here is usually spareshack.
Old 20-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #5
Julie

Welcome to the UKMOC
Old 20-02-2006, 03:16 PM   #6
Pugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Dave
Last time i checked, ireland was part of the UK so welcome aboard. There are a small number of fellow irelanders (is that right) i'm sure they'll be along soon.
Sacrilege! Go do your history and geography homework.
Old 20-02-2006, 03:27 PM   #7
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Totally Pugi! PD, Southern Ireland is not part of the UK but I do believe we can welcome new members from all over the world.

Failte Paso! My Mammy is from Waterford!

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 03:35 PM   #8
manwithredbike
aka Phil

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Dave
sshhhhh p.d.. you'll upset everyone over here!!! was your history book pre 1920? : )

hi paso.
useless info but - derry is geographically in ireland and postalogically (new word) in the uk so i've no probs. most g.b. suppliers send to the republic although it's a bit more expensive.
slainte
manwithredbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 06:19 PM   #9
Tigerlily

Hi, welcome to the club!

Not sure if there's anyone else in your "Eirea" (sorry bad joke, I'll get me coat as soon as I finish typing this!), if not - let's hope you're the first of many

The "wanted" section is great if you're looking for something in particular.

Have fun!
Old 20-02-2006, 06:35 PM   #10
Mand

Hello and Welcome!

Guinness Drinking Mand
Old 20-02-2006, 08:06 PM   #11
manwithredbike
aka Phil

Bike: M900
ps paso, i'll likely be down around the west coast over the sunny months prob with one 1 or 2 other (non ducati) friends. maybe i'll give u a shout for a run out if you're about.
pps did you lot ever sort out eyre square?? last time i was there it was like ground zero!! used to meet up there and laze around while camping down by the quays
manwithredbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 08:14 PM   #12
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

Bike: M620
hey how ya doin!! Im a northerner but to most english people we're all paddies anyway!! Welcome to the club, if ya ever take a spin through fermangh ya have to give me a shout, im partial to abit of the oul bush myself {thats a drink to all those who dont know!!} so make sure ya bring your thirst!!

drunk:
Northern Irelands answer to common sense-NORTHERN IRELAND REP!!
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 08:25 PM   #13
Duncan

I get to your fair shores working every couple of weeks though Galway is a bit of a slog unless I fly into Shannon. Last week was around Dublin and next week am down in Kilkenny. Travel all over, love the place, the hospitality and the black stuff.
Dont see many Ducati though saw an ST2 last week in St Stephens Green. There used to be a main Ducati dealer in Dublin, is it still there?
Old 20-02-2006, 09:06 PM   #14
Nim

hello and welcome...i too am pretty new, and also irish (me mammy) and just have to be another one to say IRELAND IN THE UK???? WHO ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH WOULD EVEN SAY THAT?? I wa born in London, and still cringed when i read that...oh well, it was gd for a laugh.

im in eire a bit for wk, actually mainly in N ireland and dub. might be biking over for the TT in Skerries in the Summer, and planning a ride around the country...im sure ill let you know nearer the time.

You should come over for the weekender, even without the bike if its too much hassle...
Old 20-02-2006, 09:11 PM   #15
Pugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonnie
Failte Paso! My Mammy is from Waterford!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nim
i too am pretty new, and also irish (me mammy)
Well I'll be...me mammy is from Cork. Horrah for our mammies!