UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » National Events » Weekender Archive » Monster Weekender 2021 » Weekender anyone?, 2021

Old 21-06-2021, 08:56 PM   #1
rollo22

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco1961 View Post
Nice one Duncan, I got a new front on Saturday, what did you go for ? I am on Michelin power rs but they are phasing them out so have to change next time around!
Rosso 3s upgrade from 2s
Old 21-06-2021, 10:54 PM   #2
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo22 View Post
New boots fitted and ready to roll.
I've fitted new OZ wheels plus Metzeler tyres to the 12r, should be nicely run in by the time we arrive
By the end of the weekender my mileage for the five days, Gazza, Dacs and myself are leaving on the Thursday with an over night on the East coast, is expected to be between 900 and 1000 miles!
Old 12-05-2021, 04:22 PM   #3
DaveR

Bike: S4r
Tenner sent Mike
Is David R my posher alter ego?
Dave
DaveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 05:35 PM   #4
Moco1961

Nice one Dave, appreciated mate, things ramping up nicely now
Old 13-05-2021, 04:01 AM   #5
Moco1961

Cheers Colin, appreciated mate, any luck with the nail?
Old 13-05-2021, 11:05 AM   #6
Moco1961

Cheers Paul.............. do we need to do a best trailer catagory this time ?
Old 13-05-2021, 01:01 PM   #7
Stinger101

Bike: M1200s
On its way Mike. Thank you for the effort you're putting into this.
Stinger101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 02:07 PM   #8
Moco1961

Hi Mark, really appreciated, thank you. I was thinking of you actually when discussing route options and what route to do on which day. As you will be disappearing Sunday I am proposing the Yorkshire Dales route for Saturday to give you a chance at the B6255 Ingleton to Hawes Road.............popular with the two wheel fraternity and a belter. Also passes the Ribblehead viaduct , fingers crossed the weather is good and the roads are empty

Also you asked on the Tee shirt thread about the ladies sizing, see below and on the other thread about to be updated.
Ladies: S 6/8 M 8/10 L 12 XL 14 2XL 16
Old 13-05-2021, 05:41 PM   #9
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Ooh! Best trailer category - what a great idea!
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2021, 07:33 PM   #10
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Just trying to work out the best way to inform Mrs BRD that I will be visiting Hawes over the weekender
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2021, 07:46 PM   #11
Moco1961

Say you are not on your own , actually don’t, say you won’t be up there for long....no don’t, she may already know that......say it’s just for the ride ....... NO DONT..... Paul,I see your dilemma good luck
Old 13-06-2021, 04:34 AM   #12
Moco1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco1961 View Post

Friday 25th June
24 bedrooms at a rate of £125 per room, based on 2 sharing and includes an Italian Style Buffet event in our Alfresco area and terrace, also includes breakfast

Saturday 26th June
24 bedrooms at a rate of £125 per room, based on 2 people sharing and includes a set 3 course dinner (with Vegetarian/Vegan option) in the Great Hall, also includes breakfast

Sunday 27th June
24 bedrooms at a rate of £125 per room, based on 2 people sharing and includes a BBQ in or Alfresco area and terrace, also includes breakfast

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/images/WE2021_print.jpg
Ok folks, its decision time on the weekender. The event is now 2 weeks away and we need to confirm to the Hotel final numbers and pay for rooms at the rates quoted above.

I realise these are not easy times to make decisions as the influencing factors seem to change by the hour. There are reports that the easing of final lockdown measures will be delayed and some measures will remain in place, which was the very reason we bumped the date! Please mull over your thoughts and let me know by close of play Monday what you think, I have a call planned with Donna on Tuesday morning to give our final decision.

So I spoke with Donna Friday who is trying her best to adapt to the rules that are being forced on Hospitality. We are all expecting an announcement from Boris on Monday regarding the final relaxation of lockdown measures which as we all know are in chaos because of the Delta variant.

In a nutshell if measures are relaxed on June 21st , happy days and we go as planned.

If not ,measures will still be in place which are basically all food must be plated ( so no buffet or BBQ) All mingling must be outside as a group , we have the alfresco area booked for Friday only, we have the great hall booked inside for Saturday and Sunday. This would mean we can dine inside but it will be in small groups on tables 2 m apart. We may agree to suck it up and make the best of it ,in reality we have been living with ”measures” for quite some time, some may not agree.

As always all thoughts welcome.

Mike
Old 13-06-2021, 07:05 AM   #13
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Count me in Mike.

When we held the weekender in Bedfordshire, several years back, the hotel organised the evening meals into a series of tables of about 8/10 people per table, with waitered service. This worked well, so no real difference with the proposed evening meal arrangements this year, apart from wearing a mask when moving around the room.
Old 13-06-2021, 07:28 AM   #14
Moco1961

Thanks for the swift response James,
Old 13-06-2021, 08:33 AM   #15
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I'm still game, but I will be lip reading anyway as the fire brigade are no longer allowed to hose ears out! Bonus is I won't have to wash as we're not allowed to get too close..

Was hoping to pay the hotel with cash, but that could be difficult if they want it up front.. It's normally pay on checkout?