UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Cans, Tyres, Brakes, etc. » Brembo recall....

Old 31-12-2017, 06:32 AM   #1
Moley1

Bike: M1200s
Brembo recall....

Just came across this...looks like an American article. No idea if it’s true or not, but a bit worrying...says it affects 2015-2018 Monster 1200’s amongst others.

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/rec...-brake-recall/
Moley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 07:16 AM   #2
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
http://www.ducati.com/services/recal...aigns/index.do
https://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 08:44 AM   #3
Moco1961

Thumbs up

Thanks to both for the heads up, once again proving how good this forum is.

Checked mine on the link " no active recalls on this machine"....... Thanks again guys.....
Old 31-12-2017, 09:18 AM   #4
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Officially there is no recall in UK yet. Possibly Feb or march

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:49 AM   #5
jerry
Old Git

Lots of local Thais and Expat Ducati owners are frothing and foaming at the mouth about the Recent Brembo Recall,, most dealers here are apparently saying it does not applay to any bikes sold here ,,,yeah right!!!!!! thais are very internet savvy and very forum active some have already found their bikes on the ducati database ,,but the dealers dont give a **** ..

also reports of lots of Brembo Disc faliures under warranty on Thai built monsters and Scramblers ,, badly warped is the proble some within 1000kms of new and few making it past 6k dunno where brembo are making them ,, italy, China , not Thailand apparently ???

big backlog of people waiting for spares ,,
Old 04-01-2018, 09:58 PM   #6
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Plenty people here were warping multistrada discs I still think discs get warped due to wrong use.

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 11:28 PM   #7
Capo
You Are What You Is

Bike: S4r
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
Lots of local Thais and Expat Ducati owners are frothing and foaming at the mouth about the Recent Brembo Recall,, most dealers here are apparently saying it does not applay to any bikes sold here ,,,yeah right!!!!!! thais are very internet savvy and very forum active some have already found their bikes on the ducati database ,,but the dealers dont give a **** ..

also reports of lots of Brembo Disc faliures under warranty on Thai built monsters and Scramblers ,, badly warped is the proble some within 1000kms of new and few making it past 6k dunno where brembo are making them ,, italy, China , not Thailand apparently ???

big backlog of people waiting for spares ,,
I've tested a few sets that were supposedly warped with a dial gauge, I have yet to see a warped one
Capo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 10:26 AM   #8
jerry
Old Git

I had a set of brembos on the S4 only 13k miles badly warped ,, had them skimmed , converted to full floaters ,, within 2k miles just as bad replaced with a set of Arashi discs now over 25k on them and still perfect

same on M750 had to replace a pair of badly distorted brembos discs at about 18k with Galfers they are perfect after 23k miles ,,

intersting thing is my old 750ss still has its original brembo discs on and 38k miles ,,,still as good as new after 26 years ,, im certain they must have changed the material as the ones from post 2000 seem more prone to warping

yes Kato I have also seen discs on other brembo equiped bikes that just needed a thorough clean of face and bobbins , and new pads ,, less common problem on Japanese brakes .
Old 25-01-2018, 04:49 PM   #9
Moley1

Bike: M1200s
Recall letter through the post today....not a disc issue - says they need to replace the floating piston on the front brake radial master cylinder...
Moley1 is offline   Reply With Quote