UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Cheshire » North Wales/North West - Sat 15th Sept

Old 13-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
neilo

North Wales/North West - Sat 15th Sept

Anybody out and about in my neck of the woods this weekend?
Saw 4 monsters last weekend, was it anybody on here?
Anyway, I'll be out and about so if anybody wants to join me, let me know.
If nobody shouts, I might head for Matlock for a change.
Old 14-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
john baylis

Hi It sounds interesting I live in Blackpool would be nice to meet up with you I have'nt met up with anybody from the club yet, do you still go if weather is bad. Can you suggest a ride convenient for our locations. Cheers John
Old 14-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
neilo

Hi John. I tend to ride in decent weather these days...although I don't mind the cold or wet roads.

North Wales is my playground (some nice roads around here!), so I rarely tend to venture too far away. I can't really suggest a half-way location (but can find my way anywhere), but if you (or anybody else for that matter) have one in mind, let's hear it! :-D I don't mind travelling.
Old 14-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
john baylis

I may as well bite the bullet and come down to you I have never been round your area so should be interesting day. I think you are about 80 miles from me should be easy if not boring M55 M6 M56 to the end and then where do we meet up and what time do you fancy. You can pm me your contact numbers if you want me to ring you. Thanks John
Old 14-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
neilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by john baylis View Post
I may as well bite the bullet and come down to you I have never been round your area so should be interesting day. I think you are about 80 miles from me should be easy if not boring M55 M6 M56 to the end and then where do we meet up and what time do you fancy. You can pm me your contact numbers if you want me to ring you. Thanks John
Cool! I would be very pleased to show you around!

Shall we meet at the petrol station at the ASDA in Queensferry? It's easy to find - you can't miss it - it's right off the A494. Postcode: CH5 1TP

Seeing as you're travelling down, I'll go with your timings John... I'll send you a message with my contact details.

See you tomorrow!
Old 14-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
revver

would of loved to come but repairingmy mums roof if weathers good. PLus naughty bike is playing up and not had time too look at it. (b******S)
Old 15-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #7
john baylis

Met Neil 9.00am queensferry asda, then he took me places i could never find again. I know it was north wales I saw mt snowdon had a ice cream in betsy-coed (not sure about the spelling) had full english at the ponderosa cafe which was fabulous, stopped for burgers at a large farm shop somewhere on the A5, in between all this was riding through fabulous countryside dodging sheep on the road, fast overtakes with rev limiter kicking in an absolute fab day with fab weather as well. I did about 320 miles including journey from and back to Blackpool.

Thank you so much Neil for giving me such a wonderful day. The best I've had on the evo. I owe you a big one.

Many many thanks John.
Old 15-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #8
Starter Sprag

Yeah, he knows the roads very well, been out with him too, had a great day then,

shame, I could'nt make it today ! damn
Old 15-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
neilo

Great to meet you today, John, and glad you had a good time. Plenty more roads like those here, so give me a shout when you come this way again. I'll have to make it your way sometime, huh?

No worries revver and Starter Sprag...there's always a next time.
Old 15-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #10
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
I might be able to make it next time too - but in the naughty bike
Old 16-09-2012, 07:06 AM   #11
neilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by singletrack View Post
I might be able to make it next time too - but in the naughty bike
Sure, Anne. More the merrier!
Old 16-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #12
john baylis

This has the makings of a good group ride out, good chance for me personally to meet some other members of this excellent forum, all we need is to pick a good dry weekend