UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Cheshire » North Wales (Lake Vyrnwy) - Sat 24th March

Old 24-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #16
neilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbomb View Post
Well Neil what happened to you today, Kevin "Revver" and my good self waited from just after 12 till 1.20pm without any sign of any other ducati bikes, plenty of other makes and even a classic car rally with some very nice old pre WRC cars.

Hope you're OK and that you went to another biker hang out.
Ahhh...just sent Kevin a message as well. I'm fine buzzbomb. We made much better progress than expected and got to the cafe at ~11.15. Tried texting Kevin as I arrived as promised, but experienced mobile signal related issues. Left around 12noon though, so we must have just missed eachother?

Of course one of the pitfalls of riding with a group is that you can't hold everybody to your schedule, and the guys I was with today are used to doing 'big miles' in a day (I did 360 miles today!), which means they don't hang about for too long, so I sort of 'had to' make a move after 45mins. I trust you understand. Hopefully we will (I will) be better coordinated next time.

Hope you guys had a good day out though? Shall post a few picstures...
Old 24-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #17
neilo

Note to myself...the M1100EVO IS NOT built for off-road use!

Old 24-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #18
buzzbomb
Gold Member

Bike: M1100s
Great pix Neil, is the first one the minor road (track) that go's from Lake Vyrnwy to Bala if so thats one hell of a track.
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #19
neilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbomb View Post
Great pix Neil, is the first one the minor road (track) that go's from Lake Vyrnwy to Bala if so thats one hell of a track.
It is - it's a great route. And here's one from the drop back down via Hellfire Pass...

Old 25-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #20
revver

No worries neil. If i had'nt got lost so many times i would have been about half hour earlier. Im only about 40 mile away but never been thier before. That was a mamoth ride have'nt done any like that for about 10 years. Sounds like i would'nt have kept up too.
Old 25-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #21
neilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by revver View Post
No worries neil. If i had'nt got lost so many times i would have been about half hour earlier. Im only about 40 mile away but never been thier before. That was a mamoth ride have'nt done any like that for about 10 years. Sounds like i would'nt have kept up too.
When riding in a group we always wait for everybody, so I'm sure speed wouldn't have been an issue. Glad you managed to find it - yes it is a great place and there are some nice routes to/from it. So until next time...
Old 25-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #22
smudgerii

Is that the lake on the bala to porthmadog road?
Old 25-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #23
neilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgerii View Post
Is that the lake on the bala to porthmadog road?
There's only one shot of a lake there and it's Vyrnwy...the rest of the 'water' shots are the sea.