UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Cheshire » North West Meets - Early Season! - Cheshire Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 05:21 PM   #1
LouSCannon
These must fit a Monster?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
North West Meets - Early Season! - Cheshire Thread

Following on from my mass PM, and the very positive response from people, I'd like to propose the following dates and venues for the early season riders out there...

Sunday March 28th - Rivington Hall Barn - 12PM
Sunday 28th March - Wirral Easter Egg Charity Run - http://www.wirraleggrun.co.uk/wirral-egg-run/
Sunday April 4th - Cat & Fiddle - 12PM
Sunday April 18th - Rivington Hall Barn - 12PM

I've chosen the most popular suggestions, but for future meets happy for people to suggest other venues, I'm sure we're not short of meeting places and excellent roads in our part of the country! A good suggestion is perhaps a meet in Cheshire for a quick bimble around North Wales?

I'm committed to getting us out more in NW this year, so I'll guarantee to be at all of the above, rain or shine, so you'll know at least 1 person will be around, which is a start...

No real agenda, for now just looking to get people together for a chat and a brew, if people fancy a ride out then we can have a ride out, if people just want to meet and have a nosy at bikes then that's great too.

In an attempt to give a little incentive I'll bring my camera, tripod and a few lenses, for those willing I can get some good pictures of your pride and joys which I will touch up and send out to you (UKMOC Calendar 2011 ).

Look forward to meeting you all and planning some good Northern events for the warmer season, maybe some midweek evening meets once we get in to Summer?

See you soon,

Jim

Last edited by LouSCannon; 05-03-2010 at 10:36 AM..
LouSCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
JimsDark

Nice one Jim, Will do what I can to get to at least one of the above!!
Just sent PM before reading this, Rivvy Barn...Bolton way?
Cracking idea with Pics and Calendars!!

Look forward to it! Fingers crossed for decent weather too!!

Jim
Old 04-03-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
J_Dub

Yes will get to at least one of those! Will also probably be going to Devils Bridge April 5th or 11th (more than likely both dates if dry) Thanks Jim
Old 04-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
buzzbomb
Gold Member

Bike: M1100s
Jim can I make a suggestion, march the 28th is the wirral easter egg run and last year I went along and was completely blown away by the support it gets from bikers, personally it would make a much more appropriate venue for our first mass turn out (weather permitting).
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #5
Robot

Good idea !
Old 04-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #6
PDL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouSCannon View Post
Following on from my mass PM
Checks inbox
Can't find PM
Old 05-03-2010, 06:43 AM   #7
LouSCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbomb View Post
Jim can I make a suggestion, march the 28th is the wirral easter egg run and last year I went along and was completely blown away by the support it gets from bikers.
Can you post up some more details chap, web link, location details, timings etc... and we'll see who's up for it?

At the moment I want to keep things simple, but if it's something that will people will commit too then lets post it up and see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDL View Post
Checks inbox
Can't find PM
Sorry chap, was just a note to see who is active out there in the NW region.... and I knew you were active!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:32 AM   #8
PDL

If you want to head North and I can make it to one of the Rivy meets I can show you some cracking roads all the way up to Glasson Dock and over the Trough to Devils, lived that way for 34 years. I am now discovering Cheshire and the south
Old 05-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #9
LouSCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDL View Post
If you want to head North and I can make it to one of the Rivy meets I can show you some cracking roads all the way up to Glasson Dock and over the Trough
The Trough? Is that the Trough of Bowland... asking as I vaguely remember being taken there as a very young kid by my parents... only just remembered!

Anyway, that would be a great idea... Rivvy Barn was suggested loads on PM, and looking on Google maps it seems to be located well for the main NW regions.

As I've said to a few guys on PM, once we get some regulars we can start looking for less well known roads and meets, but as I'm still new to being back up North it's people like you who will need to suggest things!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:30 AM   #10
PDL

Yes Trough of Bowland, and don't worry on the road I ride like Miss Daisy. If I find myself reaching 100mph plus I like to be surrounded by gravel traps and marshalls.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:38 AM   #11
BluprintZ

I haven't been over the trough and to devils bridge for about twenty years, so i'm up for that and Rivvy barn, which i have been to for the last two years.
Last year i went with J Dub and his lad for the Ducati day...which was nice!

G ; )
Old 05-03-2010, 10:43 AM   #12
LouSCannon

Following on from buzz's suggestion I've looked in to the Wirral run, and although it's a little out of the way I agree it would be a good charity event to attend, although might need a little organisation beforehand.

We can keep discussion to the following thread:
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...669#post341669

Hope people can make it along to this, seems like a good cause. Otherwise see you at the Cat & Fiddle and Rivvy Barn in April....
Old 23-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #13
LouSCannon

Hope to see people along at the charity ride this weekend?!
Old 23-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #14
BluprintZ

If it's a decent day (not raining), then i'll likely be there.
If it's raining, then not a chance, sorry Jim!

I'm depressed, it's been pi$$ing down here for two days solid, although the positive is that it's washing away the salt, which is good.
I wanna play out on the bike, i haven't been on it for weeks, just a couple of hours will do...please!!

G
Old 25-03-2010, 05:59 PM   #15
LouSCannon

Reckon we'll be lucky George... been keeping an eye on the forecast all week... I'll be packing waterproofs!