UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Hellcats new bike

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-05-2011, 02:04 AM   #1
He11cat

Hellcats new bike

A bit of an unplanned arrival ....

A while back I was looking at the possibility of an SS400 .. but rare .
The lowering with its shock would be tricky and finding one ...

Anyway I brought Hector .. and have had the fun of getting him to fit!

After a year thats been crap to say the least and stressful and my health took a dive , my riding slowly got worse and now its pretty grim.
My confidence pretty shot to bits...job un secure and then the prospect of fighting the local PCT for treatment I was pretty stressed out.

Anyway.. the conversation came up that I could do with something else to ride as well or something to get my nerves back.
I spied something on the bay but sadly was out of my budget and typical came up at the wrong time so I wrote it off.

I said wow trust that to come up! But couldn't work out how to get the money in time so I just had to forget the idea.. and walk away.

Anyway had another look and it had gone....
phone call .. along the lines of you have a new bike go pick it up...

I was like errr what ??? shocked to say the least , panic as how .. and OMG!!!!
I think I was for once lost for words and couldn't quite grasp what had just been done for me. I will say it was the most trusting nice thing anyone has ever done for me.

Anyway I vowed I would settle up for this bike and didn't feel able to say its mine til I had.

Im coming to terms with poor forever now with the two of them!!
its going to be a slog as he needs sorting out as a few things wrong and very much wear and tear .. and also the fun of lowering him which I now have to a fine art but its not cheap!!!

Thank you to a big hearted soul who's on here for this opportunity ... im still a bit shocked.
Apparently it was this or id get an Indiana (noooooooooo!!!) I am not giving up get I just need to rehabilitate myself and my confidence.

Thanks to Andy for helping get him home... what a journey .. postal boxes on the road blah blah.

Its probably no surprise but I am the new owner of this little bike

My new project 1998 M400

He needs new reg rec as his is fried (hence battery acid stains on frame) frame is messy.
Chain and sprockets are shagged.. tyres contis all wear and tear really .
Oh he needs his belts doing..
Then my special lowering !! I am so so itching to ride it!!
Cans very tatty got to go.

Plans are just to fix wear and tear bits lower and keep it stock ... except the cans !!
I don't do those standard cans!!
Oh and to find a radial clutch as my hands are so bad.