UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » MOT help please

Old 03-04-2007, 10:01 PM   #1
Kazza

MOT help please

Other half's S4 needs an MOT and we have always in the past used Italia in Lincoln who have arranged this for us. Neil phoned yesterday to arrange and was told they don't do MOT's now unless part of a service also?!

I can understand perhaps because they have to make a special trip to get it done - but considering we currently have 3 ducati's between us - all bought from Italia - not to mention all the other bits and pieces purchased from there - a bit surprised that they won't now do this.

Any suggestions in the Notts/Leics ish area preferably for someone to do MOT with termi's on?

Cheers
Old 04-04-2007, 05:50 AM   #2
Julie

Try gordons in loughborough.
Its a turn up and wait MOT place.

Gordons. 01509 215970. Unit 4 Belton Road West, Loughborough, LE11 5TR

I stopped using Italia a while ago - i use Cornerspeed these days.

Gordons have been brilliant for me.

Good Luck Karen let me know how you get on.

Julie

Last edited by Julie; 04-04-2007 at 05:54 AM..
Old 04-04-2007, 06:24 AM   #3
Kiwi

spr in ruddington do my wifes monster with sils on no problem at all

briliant shop and teh only one that i would trust to do any work on any of my bike

they will work on anything except suzukis
Old 04-04-2007, 08:00 AM   #4
fatbloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
Other half's S4 needs an MOT and we have always in the past used Italia in Lincoln who have arranged this for us. Neil phoned yesterday to arrange and was told they don't do MOT's now unless part of a service also?!

I can understand perhaps because they have to make a special trip to get it done - but considering we currently have 3 ducati's between us - all bought from Italia - not to mention all the other bits and pieces purchased from there - a bit surprised that they won't now do this.

Cheers
That seems a great way of losing business most dealers rely on customer loyalty
looks like Italia have just lost 2 customers, 3 regular service's and probably a lot more.

What goes around comes around
Old 04-04-2007, 12:56 PM   #5
Mand

Maybe a bit of a trek but worth it.

Centre Garage on Gwendolen Road, Leicester.

It is a turn up and wait place - nice guys too.

The guy who MOT's the bikes is a Ducati lover. and didn't say a word about my sils.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:52 PM   #6
Kazza

Mot

Thanks everyone - really helpful. Will let you know how he gets on. Someone also phoned Neil today with a number for Twistgrip on Radford Road in Nottm - so we've got a few options now - my business will definitely go elsewhere!
Cheers for now
Old 07-04-2007, 09:02 AM   #7
Kazza

MOT sorted

Hi

Neil's S4 passed it's MOT yesterday - all sorted at Twistgrip. Popped in to SPR Racing in Ruddington on the way back - what a great place. Servicing, etc will be done there in future - and it's on the doorstep.

Cheers
Old 07-04-2007, 11:00 AM   #8
Kiwi

glad you liked SPR, top guys there who actually know their stuff and are passionate about bikes rather than some of the business's more interested in ££££ than customer service.