UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » My new M1000 Sie

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-07-2021, 09:29 PM   #1
velosam

Bike: M1000ie
My new M1000 Sie

If you've seen my thread on Random Chat, you'll know I was looking for a replacement for my 620ie, and I found this one sort of locally... only about 170 miles away. The seller's description was overly accurate, which gave me a lot of confidence, so I put an offer in and said I'd go up today to collect.

When I got there, the bike looked better than I thought. I'm unsure if the SE on the tank means its a special edition, or if that's just a play on the Sie?

It seems to have an aluminium tank, and the carbon bits form the Sie are all present and correct. It's got a Power Commander, and the Remus/Ducati Performance cans (which are quieter than the SP Engineering ones on the 620!), and the top of the airbox has been chopped off. There's a Dyno print out which shows it makes 87.49hp and 68.78ftlbs at the rear wheel.

Luckily, I'd taken the train, and my riding gear, so paid the price then had a great run home via the A93 through Braemar and down over Glenshee.

The 620 is great around town and up to 50mph, but beyond that, I felt as though it needed pushed a bit, especially 2-up. The 1000 is much less stressful to make progress on, and can nip past slower cars easier. It takes more to lean it into corners, but it still handles fantastically.

Plans for tomorrow are to remove the centre stand and to do a tail chop - the tea tray is cracked, so I feel vindicated for do this... plus it looks a zillion times better. I'm also going to remove the bar risers as the current position puts my head right in the buffeting zone from the bikini fairing.

Overall, I'm well chuffed.
velosam is offline   Reply With Quote