UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Bar end mirrors - any suggestions?

Old 30-03-2020, 08:57 PM   #1
The Clockie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
Thanks Gazza, let's see it these work?

I'd be very wary about fitting those. I've had bar weights with rubber fitting inserts longer than them work their way out and go AWOL. With the overhung weight of a mirror wobbling up and down, it'd be far worse IMO. If you can get bar-ends with wedge-type fittings, they are the best. See the Halcyon ones: https://classicpartsltd.com/classic-...d-mirrors.html

Nick
Old 31-03-2020, 07:15 AM   #2
Ron1000

Bike: M1100evo
I tend to stick with highsider mirrors. German very nice quality and have the usual accessory bar inserts available to suit.

Maybe no everyone’s taste. They’re easily twice as big as the ones above. But I really like them

In fact that’s a highsider in my pic / avatar thing.
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 09:42 AM   #3
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Clockie View Post
I'd be very wary about fitting those. I've had bar weights with rubber fitting inserts longer than them work their way out and go AWOL. With the overhung weight of a mirror wobbling up and down, it'd be far worse IMO. If you can get bar-ends with wedge-type fittings, they are the best. See the Halcyon ones: https://classicpartsltd.com/classic-...d-mirrors.html

Nick
I can't comment on the effectiveness of the rubber inserts I'm afraid as I went for solid bars in the end which these obviously won't fit into. You could maybe change the rubber for a wedge type fitting?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote