UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Bike Reviews :. » Bike Reviews » M1100 » 1100 Evo Test Ride

Old 09-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
Tomfoolery

Cheers! The parts catalogue on the Ducati website is pretty extensive, but ****e to browse, IMO. Hyside didn't have one for the 1100 Evo, or a price list which was dissappointing. Hopefully another dealer will have one.

Aside from the tank melting/changing shape and leaking - are there any other known faults? Hyside assured me the tank thing isn't a problem anymore...
Old 09-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomfoolery View Post
Cheers! The parts catalogue on the Ducati website is pretty extensive, but ****e to browse, IMO. Hyside didn't have one for the 1100 Evo, or a price list which was dissappointing. Hopefully another dealer will have one.

Aside from the tank melting/changing shape and leaking - are there any other known faults? Hyside assured me the tank thing isn't a problem anymore...
Ones we as a club have known about had or heard are these

Early models mainly 696 had a weeping oil leak from bolt and or lefthand cover due to poor sealing gasket. Rally had his happen the other week. Not a big deal but aware.
A known leaking tank. By the way a lot smell but dont leak. Mine has an odour when full.
( I will wait for the gaffs on that one )
Fronts discs replaced due to warping. Mine were and replaced under warrenty. A small batch known.

I dont know of any other issues so far. Not had any reason to worry and very happy with my bike.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote