UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » New rider - new monster!

Old 18-08-2006, 10:33 AM   #16
steve kearl

go for the big one

Hi there and welcome to the club, go for the 800 as you will soon get bored and want more grunt.

Last edited by steve kearl; 18-08-2006 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: left something out
Old 18-08-2006, 02:40 PM   #17
pickle

Wink

I have to say i'm really chuffed with the large numbers of responses, welcomes and advice - fantastic

I love the look of the S2R but could get the 695 wheels powder coated white and stripe added - and of course seat cover and front screen! would look similar except for exhausts

the 695 is better ride height for me being 5ft 5 and a bit! will have to think on - if i can get S2R cheaper nearer the time i may be swayed

thanks guys - you are all great - i'm so looking forward to the riding scene and how sociable it is! will be in touch - now off to Madrid (sunday) for 5 days (work not pleasure

Oh and its my birthday today!
Old 18-08-2006, 03:09 PM   #18
andros

Bike: S2r
Happy birthday to you then and have a good trip.
andros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2006, 04:31 PM   #19
bod

My 620 was my 1st bike had it for nearly 3 years now and still does everything I need it to by a cheap 620 or the new 695 thing.

How many does that make the Yorkshire section upto now?
Old 21-08-2006, 02:07 PM   #20
jonno464

photo of rear end of a 2001 600 Monster

Hi All

I have just bought a 2001 m600 monster and the person before me chopped the rear off the frame to fit a tail tidy. I would like to make it back to normal again but would like to know if there is anyone out there that could take their seat off and take a photo to show me how the rear number plate holder etc fits.

Please let me know if you can help.

Old 27-10-2006, 06:55 PM   #21
aelius

Hi pickle,

I've just passed my test and had to make the same decision. Ultimately I went for the S2R, as for the extra grand you get an awful lot of cool stuff - the swing arm, pipes and paint are worth the extra for me!
Old 27-10-2006, 10:40 PM   #22
Tigerlily

Welcome to the club pickle!

The best advice I can give you is to see if you can get to test ride both of them and see what you think.

Personally I'd go for one of the smaller engined models first, like others have said, if you do get bored you can always upgrade to something more powerful

Jonno.....I'm in Manchester, drop me a pm, you can come and have a look at my bike if you like - far better than a photo! Mines had a tail-chop too but not a radical one so it's still got the part which you want to see..... Oh, welcome to you too!