UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » I want! » Clipon's.... I neeeeeeeed

Old 18-10-2005, 06:36 PM   #31
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mand
What 916? Oh you must mean this one.......
That's one sexy bike Mrs. I'm v. jealous!!!
Old 18-10-2005, 08:01 PM   #32
JMo

I reckon Slob may have hit the nail on the head with the cut down length of bar idea... If you cut a short length of handlebar tube flush with the outer edges of the yoke clamps, then bung in a couple of black plastic MTB bar end caps like wot I fit in the frames when I do them tailchoppy thingies, then you can clamp the heated grip switch to the bar (between the yoke clamps) like you had before?

Top job x

xxx
Old 18-10-2005, 08:21 PM   #33
A Yerbury

Jmo's tech torque corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo
I reckon Slob may have hit the nail on the head with the cut down length of bar idea... If you cut a short length of handlebar tube flush with the outer edges of the yoke clamps, then bung in a couple of black plastic MTB bar end caps like wot I fit in the frames when I do them tailchoppy thingies, then you can clamp the heated grip switch to the bar (between the yoke clamps) like you had before?

Top job x

xxx

are you up for this Julie!?....."Chrissss!!...."
Old 18-10-2005, 08:22 PM   #34
A Yerbury

there ought to be a law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob
Would I lie to you?
I wish you were. do not ever send me pictures of your parts again.
Old 18-10-2005, 08:42 PM   #35
scrumpster

Cooorrrrrr I'm impressed Julie, they look great, not sure being in that position on mine would do my back any good though!. One of the pictures along the way reminded me of a pair of handcuffs though with no chain in between.............
Old 18-10-2005, 08:51 PM   #36
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Bike: Other Ducati
and to think i tried to talk you into clip ons so long ago and you didn't want them so have you given it a spin yet, go on you'll love it first set of twisties and you'll feel so in control and part of the bike there's no turning back.
Old 18-10-2005, 11:28 PM   #37
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Thumbs up Nice one

As slob said the risers are cast with the top yoke on later monsters, so your stuck with them when you change to clip-ons. Options are milling the blocks off and fitting a cover plate of some sort, or swapping to the earlier yoke without the risers and then fitting a cover plate.

Mine didn't have the risers so i just knocked up an ally cover plate/bracket for the lumiglo clock i fitted, which I just stuck on with blobs of clear silicone sealant - may be an option for your grip switch? The only headache was caused when I swapped to 53mm 916 forks as well, which entailed using an early monster yoke machined to suit. I discovered the clock unit mounts differ from my later 900 dark, so had to improvise with 6mm studding and dome nuts.

Hope you get on ok with the new setup, as I said earlier I added risers in the end but it makes getting the cables and hoses to reach a PITA. Didn't need to drop my forks as they had around 25mm proud as standard, so dropping yours 10mm may quicken up the steering a tad.

Stick with it - it will seem weird at first, but don't be afraid to fiddle until it feels spot on. I adjusted mine a lot until I was happy, and ended up with them angled a long way back - I notice yours are set quite straight at present?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clip1a.jpg (80.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg clip2.jpg (65.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg clip3.jpg (78.2 KB, 25 views)
Old 19-10-2005, 06:10 AM   #38
Julie

handcuffed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Yerbury
are you up for this Julie!?....."Chrissss!!...."
Oi Mr ''whats that shepherds hook shaped thing under the tank'' yerbs.........i'll have you know i can do some jobs on my bike's. Tonight I will be doing an oil change on my KTM (which has two filters and two screens) along with swaping the air filter. I think i can manage to do slobs idea of putting 9cm bar into the mount top and cable tie the heated grip button back on - You lot are an odd bunch......i thought i was going to get teased with 'Clips on's and heated grips!!!' 'You need a tail chop now' but intsead you come up with ideas how i can mount the spoddy item onto the bike. You queer bunch!

PS. Slob has got his hacksaw out as i type....
PPS. Gary i agree - i'm going to ride it and then see if i want to move them back like yours are.

Last edited by Julie; 19-10-2005 at 06:58 AM..
Old 19-10-2005, 07:23 AM   #39
Chris

WIll you actually be cleaning both screens? or do you still need a hand getting the second one out?!!!!!

I like Robs idea of making a perch for mounting stuff on,
and agree with Gary that the bars will probably want swinging back,

But having heated grips on your clip-ons and wanting to tail chop your bike with a scotoiller!!! Whatever next!!! A gel seat cover?? A fender extender?? Oh you've already got one of those!!
Old 19-10-2005, 11:40 AM   #40
Julie

Who had Three bright Ideas........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
WIll you actually be cleaning both screens? or do you still need a hand getting the second one out?!!!!!

I like Robs idea of making a perch for mounting stuff on,
and agree with Gary that the bars will probably want swinging back,

But having heated grips on your clip-ons and wanting to tail chop your bike with a scotoiller!!! Whatever next!!! A gel seat cover?? A fender extender?? Oh you've already got one of those!!
Hey I've NOT got a gel seat!

Tho i do need your special tool that you say you have to sort out my Aerial on the waggon wheel........
Old 19-10-2005, 02:33 PM   #41
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Bike: Other Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie & Ruth
You queer bunch!
Who you calling queer?
Old 19-10-2005, 02:38 PM   #42
Julie

You monkey boy!
Old 19-10-2005, 06:33 PM   #43
Julie

I've moved the clipon's further back. As far i i can have them without them hitting the ank on full lock. better don't you think?

Oh and Alex i did it all on my own x

Attached Images
File Type: jpg changed.jpg (36.3 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg long view.jpg (22.2 KB, 102 views)
Old 20-10-2005, 07:28 AM   #44
Ruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie & Ruth
Oh and Alex i did it all on my own x
Excuse me? ALL on your own? Do my mighty efforts not count for anything?
Old 20-10-2005, 07:35 AM   #45
Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth & Julie
Excuse me? ALL on your own? Do my mighty efforts not count for anything?

sorry my love - thank you for the tea x