UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Covid stress im sure many having problems

Old 08-06-2020, 06:10 PM   #1
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Covid stress im sure many having problems

First 8 weeks of lockdown were easy for me looking after my dad and his lady both 90 and my sick mate pete,, but last 3 weeks have been getting stressful No work at all ,, will it ever come back ? unknown so worrying,,now my lady Timm in Thailand is getting very freaked out and she has no family or good friend and I cant travel to her or she come here ,, she is quietly going out of her mind in a bad way ,, she is still managing to run her small veg farm and markets so its not money she has plenty but she is lonely and drinks at night now its ****ing her up badly ,she is delusional and not rational which is not the real her , I feel powerless ,,,

on top of that the council are trying to eveict Pete from MY rental flat ??? Why Now during this Crisis ????

He is on full disibilty benefits and rent is paid he is on Shield and has COPD, GOUT , Crumbling Hips, Pinusitus abcesses ,and other problems he cant walk , can barely breathe ,, they say its unsuitable for him but they refuse to offer any alternative , which is illegal , they say he is not from Worthing area but he has lived in Worthing area for at least 4 years which we can prove he cant go on the street and he needs help and care . I have tried to get legal help but they have all messed up so its all on my head even though the GP , Hospital and social workers , CAB etc etc are aware they wont lift a finger ,to get the council to take its legal responsibilty , i spoke with MP and the Press useless ,its driving me crazy with worry ,he is also awaiting 2 operations on his hips , so last 2 weeks all my calmness has gone to pot and Im struggling with my own mental health again which as some of You know is volatile ,,

fortunately rest of my family and friends are all healthy except my dads lady had a fall ,, i had to take her to AE for a fracture ,,,one of my dads school mates Arthur 90 had Covid nearly died but now he is home again ,,,,hooray

lonliness is a bummer weirdly I usually have no fear of life or the world or events from all the nasty experiences I have met in my life and work I dont feel in harmony with anything and everything seems threatening and sinister ???

Im sure many of you have similar problems worrying about an unknown future , work, career , housing , furlough business viability and worse if You are vulnerable or sick with covid 19

Everything is so chaotic in the world ,, nothing was ever certain before Covid but now its even less certain except death and taxes ,,,

CHIN UP CHINCHIN

Last edited by jerry; 08-06-2020 at 06:27 PM..
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 07:15 PM   #2
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Redundancy looms
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 07:55 PM   #3
jerry
Old Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Redundancy looms
Thats not good mate unless you get nice payout and have other plans
Old 09-06-2020, 09:34 AM   #4
Chriswilly

Bike: M900ie
Jerry! I was very 'moved' by your story - and pleased hear that there are still some 'humans' about !

Everyone seems to be 'up tight and out of site' these days.

Probably due to TV and the Media, who seem to gloryfy violence - domestic abuse - raceism and anything that glorifys disaster.

I admire you Jerry for what you are doing and have done - keep you 'chin up' there are others about who need positive civalised guidance.
Chriswilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 05:56 PM   #5
jerry
Old Git

I hear a lot of news from people i know some have lost family to covid , other livlihoods ,lots of worried and stressed people even those on comfy furlough its a weird time ,,, and bureaucrats are not helping ,, went to an appointment today with worthing council housing dept only to find office closed ??? why make me an appointment they are clearly not going to keep ,,, obstructive only makes me more determined to fight them.
went with bike trailer today to pick up mates busted XT600 the exhausts have snapped due to rust at the heads ,, 2 bike shops cant remove the rusted in metral stubbs from the 2 ports ,, damn amateurs ,, I will have a go and if that dont work its head off and down to spark eroder man and thats expensive
Old 10-06-2020, 07:06 PM   #6
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Wow Jerry sorry man but valid post loads of worried people.

I always said there will be more deaths due to lockdown then heard immunity approach to covid. With mental issues, job problems, hospitals closed death will go up but want be tracked as cvd19 related
My hotels are shut, no others recruiting. I see bigger fishes then us doing redundancies so its only matter of time. I bet next month it will start.

My partneris on furlough so same worries. Hard times and gov is taking a ****.
Furlough is just delaying of redundancies and now that all are to reopen there is no sign of economy stimulus packages to get peeps spending.

We shell see how it roles.

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:30 PM   #7
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
I hear a lot of news from people i know some have lost family to covid , other livlihoods ,lots of worried and stressed people even those on comfy furlough its a weird time ,,, and bureaucrats are not helping ,, went to an appointment today with worthing council housing dept only to find office closed ??? why make me an appointment they are clearly not going to keep ,,, obstructive only makes me more determined to fight them.
went with bike trailer today to pick up mates busted XT600 the exhausts have snapped due to rust at the heads ,, 2 bike shops cant remove the rusted in metral stubbs from the 2 ports ,, damn amateurs ,, I will have a go and if that dont work its head off and down to spark eroder man and thats expensive
My srx 400 had the same studs stuck in. Still does sitting under the cover. One day it will be the cafe racer.
Yes being on furlough is not good. My company dont pay me so lost money. My names in the hat for redundancy as 40 jobs going. I hope we cope with one earner. Mortgage to pay and bikes will be sold. Sad times but I will survive like many others.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote