UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Timely reminder

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-03-2017, 12:22 PM   #1
MerlinPV12

Bike: M1100evo
Timely reminder

With the prospect of a dry salt free road, out came the bike for a quick blast. Within a few mins I was "buzzed" by one of the invincible scooter boys, you know the type...

Well, the inevitable (for him) happened. Heading for the M4 slip road, weaving in and out of cars and wagons, he failed to notice the lights on red and a stationary car. While he manged to brake, it was too late. His luck was in as the front wheel lost grip and the scooter laid itself down. Had he been upright into the back of the car, it could well have been a very serious injury or fatality.

I mention this event only because of the state of his clothing after the accident. He was head to toe in civvies. His fashion jeans shredded on touching the tarmac, from what I could see they offered no protection at all, it was all of 15/20ft he slid. Shoes, gloves and jacket didn't fare much better. Although the wait for the ambulance cut short my eventual ride, it did allow me the time to think that the discomfort and inconvenience I sometimes feel of "dressing up" for a ride, far outweighs the pain and inconvenience of having your skin ripped off.

Safe riding all