UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Scrapps' 900ie

Old 27-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
MilesB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary tompkins View Post
You read my mind Albie - it's screaming out for matching seat cover. I would also consider colour matching the sidepanels, or leaving them off to reveal more of the frame?
Sidepanels and TAIL in metalflake... and it would be all the better knowing it's JMo's old tail

Miles
Old 27-03-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
scrapps

I think to much silver would be over kill. I like the way the blue/black and silver looks. maybe a seat cowl would look good esp with the #on it to tie in with the belly pan.
I want to put older style pipes on it,maybe in satin black for the more retro look. i will keep my eye out for some secondhand.(single pipe conversion would be nice)
Happy to swap my lovely "carbon can co" cans for the right pipes s/h(my cans are new as replaced by insurance when stolen)

Last edited by scrapps; 27-03-2009 at 10:37 AM..
Old 27-03-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesB View Post
Sidepanels and TAIL in metalflake... and it would be all the better knowing it's JMo's old tail

Miles
Ho ho... just goes to show you can polish a turd afterall then?!

I reckon we should all get a prize at the weekender - it's turned out to be a real club effort by the sound of it! - isn't the UKMOC great!

xxx
Old 30-03-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
scrapps

Dont worrie JMo i will not mess with the tail it will stay black....
anyway budget all gone and i need to save my pennies for the weekender beer fund

It would be nice to think mine (and Albies) efforts would be noticed at the weekender but there will be lots of bike biult by people with much bigger talent and budgets than mine who i am sure will do better.

Last edited by scrapps; 30-03-2009 at 09:31 AM..
Old 01-04-2009, 01:52 AM   #5
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapps View Post
It would be nice to think mine (and Albies) efforts would be noticed at the weekender but there will be lots of bike biult by people with much bigger talent and budgets than mine who i am sure will do better.
Quite possibly, but money and 'talent' are no guarantee of taste and class...

You've certainly got my vote for best paint, but you'd have to lose that ghastly tail for it to be my B.O.T.Y... x

(and I'd prefer to see the OE headlight brackets too btw.)

You've done a fantastic job!

xxx
Old 01-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #6
scrapps

Cheers Jmo. I had a tail chop on my last monnie it looked great but i wanted to try and keep this one close to standard. I taxed it yesterday so it will back on the road today, i will do a few short runs first to check nowt falls off
Old 11-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #7
Mand

Hey Scrapps, sorry for the late reply but I think your bike looks dead good. Can't wait to see it at Arrow Mill.
Old 31-03-2009, 04:03 PM   #8
MilesB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo View Post
Ho ho... just goes to show you can polish a turd afterall then?!
Some people could take offense at that - but you're gonna have to try harder with me