UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » 11 Years and counting!

Old 17-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #16
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Some pics, this time outside!!

And finally, Red Tank, Original Graphics and blue sky

Ped
Old 18-04-2014, 07:41 AM   #17
Spike

Pedro

Nice bike, M600 wifey's bike Ican't say that as Drucilla being my other half with a 944 big bore kit on her M900.
Old 19-04-2014, 05:16 PM   #18
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Location: Carving a slice thru the braindead masses..(pun intended)
Bike: M900
Damn I gotta sort mine! Yours is looking ace! The only fly in the ointment is the shock reservoir- I managed to fit mine under the seat cowl somehow, but had to release the pressure to relocate the angle of the outlet IIRC. Good excuse for a rebuild to my spec anyway..

Last year I gave it a good wash and then was going to get on with it. Started accumulating bits- all except the jets for the carb rebuild and the chain/sprockets. Then I started playing with my Monkey bike and spent all summer customizing that into an Evel Knievel rep... but that's all finished now so Monster next! Trouble is, I'm hoping to move to Wales anytime soon so I'm reluctant to start stripping the Monster until I have a deadline for the move- could be 3 months time or end of summer. Sod it, after seeing yours I might just get on with it!

How was the inside of your tank after the layup? Any water/rust issues?
spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2014, 06:53 PM   #19
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemonkey View Post
Damn I gotta sort mine! Yours is looking ace! The only fly in the ointment is the shock reservoir- I managed to fit mine under the seat cowl somehow, but had to release the pressure to relocate the angle of the outlet IIRC. Good excuse for a rebuild to my spec anyway..

Last year I gave it a good wash and then was going to get on with it. Started accumulating bits- all except the jets for the carb rebuild and the chain/sprockets. Then I started playing with my Monkey bike and spent all summer customizing that into an Evel Knievel rep... but that's all finished now so Monster next! Trouble is, I'm hoping to move to Wales anytime soon so I'm reluctant to start stripping the Monster until I have a deadline for the move- could be 3 months time or end of summer. Sod it, after seeing yours I might just get on with it!

How was the inside of your tank after the layup? Any water/rust issues?
Hi Nic

Yeah you gotta do it! Tank was fine, I'd left about a gallon and a half in there but also squirted some anti-moisture gun spray in as well. It smelt vile when I drained it but seemed ok, no obvious grot. I'd did fit new master cylinders all round for peace of mind and gave all the calipers a good clean. That and a belts and oil service and a new battery was about all it needed. Cranked it over with no plugs in to pump the oil round and pull the fuel through, put the plugs in and cranked it again with a quick squirt of carb clear into the airbox and off she went! Great to ride it again too!

Ped
Old 19-04-2014, 07:27 PM   #20
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Sounds good! I've been pumping brakes and clutch fairly regularly so 'should' be ok, but how much was the master cylinder? Mine had new clutch and tyres within the summer before I stopped riding. I took it off the road as the chain was shagged but never got around to doing it as we had a bloody cold winter that year (09/10) and it sat in the garage since. I have to do a minimum of drop the engine and remove heads for new oil seals (shagged) and do desmo while they're off, then new dynojet jets in the carbs then new chain and sprockets as well as a lick of engine paint. That should be the min I can get away with. I have everything good to go including zinc plated bolts for the chassis and A4 for the engine, thanks to your list! I just need to get the chain and sprockets and the jets from dynojet. They reckon about £1.50 each and the needles are guaranteed for life, so they'll check them for me and replace or return as needed. The battery is an Odyssey that's had a charge every now and then so that's `100% too. In fact, there's not really a lot to do is there? Hmmm....

Tyres might be flat spotted, but they have less than 1000 miles on them (Bridgestone 021s IIRC) so they'll have to be ok whether they are or not! I have heard running ythem under pressure to warm them up then riding a while can soften them into shape but we'll see. They've been covered so no UV exposure and they have air in them fine.

I was just talking about my bike, and yours, with my mate next door and I reckon I must have been using Pro FST in the tank before I stopped riding it, and it has about 5l of fuel so although it needs to come out 'hopefully' the tank might be ok. Think I'll go for a quick look...

Last edited by spacemonkey; 19-04-2014 at 07:30 PM..
Old 19-04-2014, 09:41 PM   #21
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Master cylinders weren't mega bucks, about £40 for the rear brake, and about £60 each for front brake and clutch I thing.

Speak to Craig!!
Old 22-04-2014, 11:33 PM   #22
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Here's how I mounted my 888 shock reservoir:

Old 08-05-2014, 12:43 AM   #23
banditloon

Cheers Ped for the FB kick up the backside about the oldest Monster in the land

Bikes looking good!

Maybe I should send Ducati HQ the documents I have here for my M900, just to remind them they built it!
Old 08-05-2014, 12:44 AM   #24
banditloon

And it's good to see the old girls club still have tea trays fitted!!!
Old 20-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #25
696adam

a fine machine sir..
Old 23-07-2014, 03:41 PM   #26
Mikemostro

A very nice looking bike