UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Mine

Old 22-07-2019, 04:12 PM   #16
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
I'm confused? If your V5 says it's red then I would have thought that meant it originally would have had a red frame too, since the 'red' option was for red frame and panels?
When I amended my V5, the replacement showed no mention of the previous colour nor of the fact that it had even been changed (you'd think there might have been a 'history of changes' section but, no).

It's just likely that the previous owner who changed the panels also updated the V5 at the same time, as I did.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 04:33 PM   #17
Uncle Bob

Yeah probably. I wonder if the previous owner got molested by their insurance company for doing it? You can imagine the conversation:

Insurance company: Has the bike been changed from its original factory spec?
Owner: Well, it's now red instead of black.
Insurance company: *rubs greedy little hands together* OK, let me just run that through the system...

You know the rest.
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2019, 07:41 PM   #18
Bob.E

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Yeah probably. I wonder if the previous owner got molested by their insurance company for doing it? You can imagine the conversation:

Insurance company: Has the bike been changed from its original factory spec?
Owner: Well, it's now red instead of black.
Insurance company: *rubs greedy little hands together* OK, let me just run that through the system...

You know the rest.
MMMM, ok, I'll not change it back...... we all know the rest,

But sir, according to recent studies, red has less molecular particles than black, so, that means you can ride faster with all this loss of weight.....

say no more
Old 24-08-2019, 07:23 PM   #19
Bob.E

another one

Took this while I searched for the battery the 1st time. (Found it, bl**dy stupid, me!)

And as soon as i find a USB cable for my phone, more to come including a couple of questions.

I ride 'enthusiastically' it's the fun way.

no-shot

Old 24-08-2019, 08:54 PM   #20
Luddite

That's a view I'm all too familiar with!

If you've already got an Optimate lead for your battery, one of these should do for your phone:

https://www.optimate.co.uk/products/o100-tm-usb-charger
Old 25-08-2019, 05:56 PM   #21
Bob.E

Thanks Luddite, lol, I'm beginning to see the underside of the plastic too now
I have an Optimate, so this will be a good idea.

Old 25-08-2019, 07:21 PM   #22
Luddite

I've got the old version of this lead (O101) and it works a treat.

For future reference, if you need to access the battery, etc. again, you might find it easier to just 'hinge' the tank up and prop it with some wood, (or I use offcut nylon plumbing pipe) like this...

If you twist it, as you've done in your picture, you might disturb the fuel connectors, which are not particularly robust.
Old 26-08-2019, 10:59 PM   #23
Bob.E

Thanks again Luddite, I was worried about the connecting fuel pipes but I seemed to just wing it that time (Phew!) I'll def. will be using your suggestion. I was undertaking the first time with a trepidation and a whole lot of 'oooo, careful with that "spanner" Eugene!'

If I need any help I might just ask again! BTW I noticed in 'Tyres' the thread on sizes etc. I have a pair [23's] battleaxes on, standard sizes. I find these excellent at 'enthusiastic' lean angles. I realise that it's also the bike I have being a damn sight better handling that a lot of previous rides, but still.

no-shot

Old 04-10-2019, 11:23 PM   #24
Bob.E

So I got my ECU back from Niel @ Cornerspeed and here's the 'naked' form, just waiting for my baby to warm up. Brrr, it's a bit chilly & it took 28 minutes to warm up to the correct temp.
I'll be teaching it tomorrow (Saturday) how the ECU's suppose to work ;-)

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Bob.E; 06-10-2019 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: minus another pic
Old 05-10-2019, 12:42 PM   #25
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
When I swapped my panels from red with a white stripe to white with a red stripe, I changed the V5 from 'Red' to 'Red/White' so I can chop and change without worrying about having to update the V5 each time.

Enjoy your red/black!
If you change to Custom you can change to any colour. That's what the dvla did to mine.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:26 PM   #26
Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
If you change to Custom you can change to any colour. That's what the dvla did to mine.
That's a useful bit of information, Albie. Thanks.

I didn't even know that was an option.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:49 AM   #27
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Back in the day I turned my 1100s to carbon from white. I sent forms in and wrote multi so they wrote back and said if you use the term Custom is ok. That way it is acceptable to them. I presume Mart64 still has that on log book as he painted my spare aluminium hydro dipped panels to a matt grey blue.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:12 PM   #28
Bob.E

Hi, well, I got my ECU back from Niels...... Jeez, what a bloody difference. I'm glad I took Chris_P's advice. Money very well spent. I could go into detail how it's made a difference but I won't bore you all.
My Duke has now gone from my equal fav bike (out of likes of Jota, Lemons I & II and a CBR600RR) to my no. one top fav.

Bob E
Old 06-10-2019, 06:02 PM   #29
Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.E View Post
Hi, well, I got my ECU back from Niels...... Jeez, what a bloody difference. I'm glad I took Chris_P's advice. Money very well spent. I could go into detail how it's made a difference but I won't bore you all.
My Duke has now gone from my equal fav bike (out of likes of Jota, Lemons I & II and a CBR600RR) to my no. one top fav.

Bob E
Great news, Bob. Enjoy!
Old 06-10-2019, 08:16 PM   #30
chris.p
Gold Member

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.E View Post

Bob E

Nice one Bob, really pleased your Monster is now your fave bike and you could bever bore us on the difference it has made
chris.p is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: