UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Kits & Accessories » SW Motech Blaze on Monster R - bad fit

Old 02-06-2019, 02:36 AM   #1
Khanivore

Unhappy SW Motech Blaze on Monster R - bad fit

I installed the SW Motech Blaze panniers to my Monster R. The bags sit very close to the exhaust (termi's) and they push against the indicators too.

Anyone else fitted these? Have I done something wrong in the installation?
Old 02-06-2019, 03:02 AM   #2
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
aha... you went ‘off piste’, whatever solution you find will create another problem.
it’s a bit of a zen puzzle
good luck Amir
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:33 AM   #3
Khanivore

Got it all sorted in the end I think the problems were caused by the fact that I have a tail tidy. In the end it was a non issue though. Tightening down the panniers tightly resulted in a good fit (i hope). Will find out next week
Old 23-06-2019, 08:46 PM   #4
Khanivore

Ok so some feedback for other people looking at the blaze panniers. They are rock solid but if you have the evotech tail tidy you need to be careful. When the clips on the panniers are tightened the bags just about clear the indicators. However, those clips do loosen off a tiny bit during rides and it’s enough to allow the bags to rub against the tips of the indicators. Those tips are pointy and I think with enough usage would tear in to the panniers. With that said I’ve just done 2000 miles and there’s no sign of tearing yet - just rubbing. Were i to use them daily I’d consider installing smaller indicators on the rear.
Old 26-07-2019, 09:46 AM   #5
Goofle

Bike: M900
I have a set of SW blaze panniers and can’t rate them highly enough. They were rock solid (on a Panigale) during a trip to the Nurburgring, even at ‘German Autobahn’ cruising speeds. I didn’t need to expand them as I wanted to be able to make my way round Brussels ring road easier and was only going for four days.
I would say though that they do fall off if you forget to clip them on, although this is hardly their fault...
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote