UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Kits & Accessories » Tank protector - for silk white

Old 25-06-2017, 05:07 AM   #1
itguy

Tank protector - for silk white

Hi Everyone

Any ideas on a suitable tank protector for my new silk white (matt) 797?

I don't really want a black carbon thing stuck on the tank and would prefer clear. I've got some matt clear vinyl which I've tried on it but it just looked a bit naff and you could clearly see the edges etc.

Any ideas?
Old 25-06-2017, 01:31 PM   #2
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Congrats on your new 797 - bet you can't wait 'til that first service is over!

I've had Ventureshield on the tanks of my last three bikes. It's excellent stuff - virtually invisible and really protective.

My stuff is for gloss paint but, when I picked up the kit from Chipguard (http://chipguard.co.uk/), I asked the owner, Steve, whether he did film for satin finishes (because my friend has a matt Tuono). He said they had developed a new product that was still virtually invisible.

Give Steve a ring on 07809399880 or drop him an email to steve@chipguard.co.uk. He's very helpful and might send you a small sample if you ask nicely so you could try before you buy. When I asked, he sent me an extra A5 sheet at no extra charge.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2017, 01:51 PM   #3
Luddite

PS although the 797 isn't yet listed on the Chipguard site, I think I remember reading that it uses the same tank as the 821/1200, so Chipguard could use the 821 templates on the satin film.
Old 25-06-2017, 02:18 PM   #4
itguy

Nice one, will give them a buzz
Old 26-06-2017, 08:49 PM   #5
MartinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
Congrats on your new 797 - bet you can't wait 'til that first service is over!

I've had Ventureshield on the tanks of my last three bikes. It's excellent stuff - virtually invisible and really protective.

My stuff is for gloss paint but, when I picked up the kit from Chipguard (http://chipguard.co.uk/), I asked the owner, Steve, whether he did film for satin finishes (because my friend has a matt Tuono). He said they had developed a new product that was still virtually invisible.

Give Steve a ring on 07809399880 or drop him an email to steve@chipguard.co.uk. He's very helpful and might send you a small sample if you ask nicely so you could try before you buy. When I asked, he sent me an extra A5 sheet at no extra charge.
Cheers for that I will look at some for the 821.
Old 26-06-2017, 09:52 PM   #6
Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by itguy View Post
Nice one, will give them a buzz
Although I definitely read that the 797 shared the 821/1200 tank, http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-...-review-page-2 I don't think that's the case. I saw an 821 over the weekend and the tank was a lot more 'muscular' than the 797.

This article says it shares the tank with the new 1200 https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...ide-and-review but Chipguard don't list a kit for the 1200, so you might be out of luck.

Anyway, still have a chat with Steve as he might be able to do a custom kit for you.

Good luck!

Last edited by Luddite; 26-06-2017 at 10:05 PM..
Old 29-06-2017, 10:03 AM   #7
barynson

I have the Xpel protection film on my tank. So far, I have no complaints.

Last edited by barynson; 29-06-2017 at 10:08 AM..