UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Nyamobhs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
Fentible

Nyamobhs

Not yet a monster owner but hopefully soon!

Just popped in to say hello, I've joined the forum as I'm on the look out for a nice, well maintained 2002-04 900/1000.............if anyone's selling? Budgeting around £2.5 -3K. Ive looked at a couple in dealers and the current crop on ebay but would prefer to buy direct from an owner.

On a more personal note I'm no stranger to motorcycles having owned, ridden, crashed, rebuilt, cursed and enjoyed a variety of marques since my dad brought a dismantled royal Enfield crusader home when I was 11. God was that really 46 years ago.....aaagghhh!!

Any way to date, the current stable includes a 98 Speed Triple, love this bike to bits and no chance of me ever selling it, a 1984 naked BMW K100 which is a bit of a project. Finally a 1986 GPZ1000Rx which has been turned from a bit of a rough old girl into a showroom piece over 4 years and from which I'm scared to add up all the receipts! Its this later piece I'm looking to replace with a Monster because I know it will simply get consigned to very sunny day ride outs and very few miles between MOT's. Its a bike I nearly bought in the eighties, I loved their aggressive looks and the sheer power

Why a Monster?? I've never owned a Ducati, read loads of good reports about the monsters, they suit my preferred riding position and I really like the individualistic nature they exude. Im a bit specific on the model year because I'm after the newest I can get that's inside my multi-bike policy for 10+ year old bikes.

Cheers all

Fent