UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Cans, Tyres, Brakes, etc. » Remapping in London

Old 29-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #16
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Very good in there, despite looking like a shed. They did mine, twice...

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 08:26 PM   #17
Duke Konan

Ray took a look and fiddled about with the mixture. It's much better than it was this morning but not as good as it was with the stock mid pipe.

Let me know how you get on in Orpington, it might be my next port of call!
Old 01-08-2009, 08:44 AM   #18
Funkatronic
another year another bike

Bike: S2r 1000
went down to HM racing yesterday to have my powercomander setup for the stock cans and
the place does indeed look like a shed! but was greeted by a Dave, a big friendly fella who got my bike booked in.

not cheap just under £190 all inc vat but really great service. friendly, attention to detail, and it was finished when they said it would be

got print outs from the Dyno run and the engineers took the time to explain everything in detail and also flagged some concerning some ultra rich fueling settings that had been set by the previous mechanic that Dynod the bike. Those who have witnessed my exceptionally poor fuel consumption will not be surprised my this.
I think i will be having some words with the last Dyno house ....
Funkatronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #19
Duke Konan

Remapping in London

Do you find that there's any increase in performance over the stock setup after having the PC installed with stock pipes?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:38 PM   #20
Funkatronic
another year another bike

Bike: S2r 1000
i had my bike setup with arrow race cans before which was good, but it was defo running very rich

Yes its noticeably much snappier now especially above 6.5k rpm

also the acceleration is very very smooth
you can crack the throttle open in 3rd and it takes off like a rocket and the speed keeps building in a consistent and predicable way but not jerky at all

rolling off the throttle a little is also noticeably smoother
all of which has made hooning up the A12 a lot of fun

miss the noise form my arrows race cans tho, think i will take the bike back to HM to have it re-mapped setup with these when i have some spare cash.
Funkatronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:58 AM   #21
Gilps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Konan View Post
Do you find that there's any increase in performance over the stock setup after having the PC installed with stock pipes?
I think that if you took a totally standard bike and fitted a PC then you may possibly see a very small increase in performance, certainly not much to get excited about if you just looked at the top line numbers. Where you would probably notice it would be out on the road where I reckon you would get increased throttle response, maybe better mpg too.
Every engine is different and the factory use a generic map on the stock ECU, with a one size fits all map, and with an eye on emissions laws. A PC with a dyno set up map for that bike should give the best fuelling for that specific engine.

Tags
cat eliminator, exhaust, fuel, mapping, mid-pipe