UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » New member Dublin

Old 16-02-2022, 11:37 PM   #16
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyalan View Post
Well spotted Luddite, I just ran down and checked, its not open, there is a bung with an allen key head in it, thanks, phew
I guessed it'd be ok but it just looked open on the photo

Quote:
Thanks a lot Darren69, £308 is not too bad at all, wonder why its in GBP if its coming from Italy, so prob a bit dearer in Euro, but still good....ill also enquire off Madasl and see what they say. Looks cool.
That Marving one I linked to is slightly cheaper at £248 (ex-VAT). Bit confusing on that website - on the product page it says VAT is only for UK and NI but in the shipping section it says VAT is charged at 20% for all UK and EU orders (I wonder if the shipping page hasn't been updated post Brexit? ) As it's over €150 Euro, I'd guess that you'd get it ex-VAT and have to account for Irish tax yourself. Best to message the seller for clarification if you're interested.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2022, 11:58 PM   #17
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
I guessed it'd be ok but it just looked open on the photo

That Marving one I linked to is slightly cheaper at £248 (ex-VAT). Bit confusing on that website - on the product page it says VAT is only for UK and NI but in the shipping section it says VAT is charged at 20% for all UK and EU orders (I wonder if the shipping page hasn't been updated post Brexit? ) As it's over €150 Euro, I'd guess that you'd get it ex-VAT and have to account for Irish tax yourself. Best to message the seller for clarification if you're interested.
Is Pompone (Max) not still around on here? it doesn't look like his website is active anymore either.

http://www.desmoperformanceparts.com/

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2022, 01:13 PM   #18
psyalan

Bike: S2r
Thank you for that guys.
psyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2022, 06:07 PM   #19
Moco1961

Welcome to the forum Alan, nice bike……good choice of colour too
Old 18-02-2022, 06:23 PM   #20
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Yea, I think black is one of the best colours for a Monster, red is just way too obvious and unoriginal. Ducati Superbikes should be red but Monsters are different. So does it have an orange stripe? It appears that black S2R and S4R came with the stripe as an option but I can't find any mention of it in Monster bible? there may have been some all red ones too, without the white stripe. Just curious about some of the other weird colour bikes out there like the orange black stripe S4R which there were only a very small few of, even rare for S2R in that colour but S4R is not even mentioned.

Old 18-02-2022, 06:27 PM   #21
Moco1961

Mines got the white stripe as you know Darren, the orange black combo is really tasty though…… can’t wait to see Alans reply…..more pics would be good
Old 18-02-2022, 08:31 PM   #22
psyalan

https://postimg.cc/gallery/rW10MtK

Link to more pics,

Last edited by psyalan; 18-02-2022 at 08:34 PM..
Old 18-02-2022, 08:33 PM   #23
psyalan

Hi all, no, no stripe, link above to more pics.....there is currently some, lots of cleaning going on.
I cant seem to figure out how to put pics up directly. Brain freeze.

Last edited by psyalan; 18-02-2022 at 08:36 PM..
Old 18-02-2022, 10:46 PM   #24
Luddite

Quote:
Hi all, no, no stripe, link above to more pics.....there is currently some, lots of cleaning going on.
I cant seem to figure out how to put pics up directly. Brain freeze.
Looks like you've got a real gem there - even the Irish number plate looks cool

For the photos, look at the menu in my earlier post - you need to click on the "hotline for forums" option and then paste those links into your post...

Old 18-02-2022, 11:29 PM   #25
psyalan

Thanks again for that Luddite.
The number plate wil be going veeeeery soon, it can be read by a speed camera, hence the size, it will be replaced by a much smaller one shortly.....just in case like.
Old 05-03-2022, 07:26 AM   #26
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

I have to admit I've not seen one without the stripe, either white or orange so I wasn't aware there was one that came as standard without one. I've seen a few red S4R without but not S2R. Also the red 'Monster' text on the tank not seen before either. So is it a custom paint, I wonder?

The Brexit issue continues to annoy and ultimately it's a restriction on "free trade" as far as I can see bought about largely by UK paranoia, ignorance and general lack of information?

Old 07-03-2022, 10:36 PM   #27
psyalan

Hi, I dont think it is a custom paint job, but cannot say for certain. I once worked in an Alfa Romeo garage here in Dublin, (ive driven them for years) and the difference between car finishes here to the UK is quite profound,basically the market here is so small that w dont get the spec on a given car that ye would get over there. That might explain the lack of a stripe?
Old 07-03-2022, 10:51 PM   #28
Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
I have to admit I've not seen one without the stripe, either white or orange so I wasn't aware there was one that came as standard without one. I've seen a few red S4R without but not S2R. Also the red 'Monster' text on the tank not seen before either. So is it a custom paint, I wonder?
Plain gloss black was an option (with a slight sparkle to the black frame) and I have a friend with just such an S2R (hi, Ezio - have you joined yet?!).

I'm guessing that the red 'MONSTER' has just been stuck on over the lacquer - is that the case, Alan?
Old 08-03-2022, 12:08 AM   #29
psyalan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
Plain gloss black was an option (with a slight sparkle to the black frame) and I have a friend with just such an S2R (hi, Ezio - have you joined yet?!).

I'm guessing that the red 'MONSTER' has just been stuck on over the lacquer - is that the case, Alan?
Yes indeed, there is a sparkle off the frame....do you know I didnt notice re the "Monster" sticker....I will check tomorrow. May have been done by the dealer here if it is stuck on...interesting.
Old 09-03-2022, 09:42 AM   #30
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Dark black is mentioned in the bible for the '07 MY but not for '05 MY or 06 MY where that colour is listed for the S2R Dark but that's not to say book is 100% complete. Were the S2R Darks gloss black instead of satin black?