UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » New member Dublin

Old 09-03-2022, 10:43 AM   #31
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
The Darks were satin black.

Remember the unregistered 2004/5 S2R 800 that BeePee bought?

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=56603

That was plain gloss black the same as Alan's.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 11:27 AM   #32
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Then it must be an error in Falloons book, is all I can say. There was a excel list of bikes/colours and qty made that was posted a while back that may have been sourced from factory production docs. I didn't think it was a 'Dark' since it has the fairing and ally bars not steel ones.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 11:56 AM   #33
Dave G
Imagineer

Bike: S2r
A nice clean bike there, theres lots you can do with it too.
Pull off the passenger pegs if you dont use them for a start, takes two minutes and gives a much cleaner look.
I thought the plain black was a later year then 2005, all the original options had the stripe other than the dark, it might be that it was a dark thats been laquered or something, equally possible that it was an option in Eire but not in UK.
Black with orange stripe like mine was one of the first options, I think those were added to when the 1000 was introduced a year later.
Old 09-03-2022, 12:20 PM   #34
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Black with tangerine stripe is listed for the '05 MY. That was my first thought too, a dark that has been polished but then other items in the spec woulm;t agree and other items seen on the bike would discount that. It looks original as does the other one linked to so I would guess it was an option just one that was not mentioned in Falloons book Maybe a rare bike at least as far as the actual colour is concerned?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 10:35 PM   #35
psyalan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
Plain gloss black was an option (with a slight sparkle to the black frame) and I have a friend with just such an S2R (hi, Ezio - have you joined yet?!).

I'm guessing that the red 'MONSTER' has just been stuck on over the lacquer - is that the case, Alan?
Hi Luddite, yes I had a look and you are correct, ther monster sticker is stuck on over the lacquer.......now, do I leave it there or remove it...any opinions??
psyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 10:40 PM   #36
psyalan

An interesting conversation guys, I cannot add anything to the color debate, I dont think it was resprayed though, you can normally tell I think.

@Daveg yes I will take off the rear pegs in the next day or so, ittl improve the look as you say, I'll post a few pics. I have been looking at various sites, there is a lot can be done to them, I have seen some beauties......my wallet may hurt though
Old 09-03-2022, 10:47 PM   #37
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyalan View Post
Hi Luddite, yes I had a look and you are correct, ther monster sticker is stuck on over the lacquer.......now, do I leave it there or remove it...any opinions??
I like the MONSTER logo when it's the same length as the DUCATI, as on the 1100/821/1200 but when it's small, it doesn't quite sit right to my eyes. If it were mine, I think I'd remove them.

If you find you liked it better with, (or they were hiding a scratch! ), you could always replace them - perhaps with the larger version from the 1100.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 07:47 PM   #38
psyalan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
I like the MONSTER logo when it's the same length as the DUCATI, as on the 1100/821/1200 but when it's small, it doesn't quite sit right to my eyes. If it were mine, I think I'd remove them.

If you find you liked it better with, (or they were hiding a scratch! ), you could always replace them - perhaps with the larger version from the 1100.
I must have a look at the longer ones, im not overly familiar with them....yes I remember covering the odd scratch with a sticker in my old garage days....hmmm