UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » The New ULEZ emission zone.

Old 07-01-2019, 09:00 PM   #31
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
As I said...Nothing on MY wish list...
Its nice looking but not the nicest by far agreed.
But it is fun to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Because I’m guessing I go out on the bike about 20 times a year, give or take and ish
Lol

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:57 PM   #32
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint aka ML View Post
Lol
Meaning a used £6k bike is about 24 years worth of ULEZ payments

If I was to push the boat out and get a V4 R that's 140 yrs worth of ULEZ

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:59 PM   #33
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Meaning a used £6k bike is about 24 years worth of ULEZ payments

If I was to push the boat out and get a V4 R that's 140 yrs worth of ULEZ
That is a very valid maths and a real world problem.

"I am Lucazade"
Old 09-01-2019, 01:23 PM   #34
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Well I got a copy of COC for BeePee for his S2r 800 which is not complaint as it is pre 2007.

Just to show how much the ULEZ is rounding up I will give you Euro 2 figures (maximum and what bike was tested on) where 2006 and older S2R sits in. Then Also Euro 3 official. You do your math but I think a 2000 Monster 900 or 1000 will be exempt in London....

Euro 2 from 2005, Max: CO 5.5 g/km, Hydrocarbons 1.0 g/km, NOx 0.3 g/km
S2R 800 tests from COC: CO 1.227 g/km, Hydrocarbons 0.389 g/km, NOx 0.022 g/km
Euro3 from 2007, Max: CO 2.0 g/km, Hydrocarbons 0.3 g/km, NOx 0.15 g/km

S2r is Nox compliant even under Euro 5 it barely fails Euro 3 on HC which is why they added o2 sensor to monitor gases and adjust for test.

We need more COC documents I think

"I am Lucazade"
Old 09-01-2019, 06:32 PM   #35
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint aka ML View Post
We need more COC documents I think
Applied for

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2019, 03:48 PM   #36
Dingo-Rider

Ok....trying to find actual details of who/what/where to email/call/apply seems to be more difficult than coming up with a Brexit deal...well done guys :-P jokes

So here it is:

I ended up ringing Ducati directly on their international number 00800 00 382284 a lovely lady who helped in in 2mins. Have the two documents below handy and scanned:

- a copy of your I.D. (license)
- a copy of your bike's registration booklet where your name and the VIN number are visible (obviously your V5)

They will ask you some info from your V5 once confirmed they will open a case and email you asking for the docs above, reply - attach - send. BOSH!
Old 02-02-2019, 01:51 PM   #37
FLATTOP

I’ve just checked my vehicles,
2004 M1000 Fail
2005 3.0l Land Cruiser Fail
2005 Mazda 3 Pass
I’ve never liked London much any way even though I was born there can’t say I will miss visiting.
Old 17-02-2019, 07:23 PM   #38
ottoatom

Sent my CoC to TFL last week for my 2006 S2R1000 and got the ULEZ compliance

I guess that was an easy one as it was already euro3 compliant.. NOT!!! Very difficult to get that CoC as the bike was over 10 years old.. Rang Ducati UK, the Ducati factory in bologna, UK dealers, and back to Ducati UK where a very kind soul named Stacy went to the archives in the building basement and found it Couldn't believe it!

So there you go. 2006 S2R1000s you are free to ride in London. That is until the next ultra super hyper low emission zone hits the city..

Last edited by ottoatom; 17-02-2019 at 07:33 PM..
Old 17-02-2019, 10:16 PM   #39
loz

I've been away from the forum for so long but, I was researching about ULEZ and randomly stumbled into this thread.

I'd like to be able to keep riding the bike in central London but the charge really discouraged me, so if there's a way out, I'd be really grateful!
I've got a 2005 s2r (although manufactured in late 2004) and I'd like to figure out what to do...

What is the procedure to get a bike extemp? Is it enough to send the bike's COC to TFL?
Do I need the COC for this bike in particular or are all the COC the same for a certain model independently of the year?
Where do I get the COC from? Ducati UK, as suggested above?

Apologies for the list of questions but hopefully it'll help others too.

Loz
Old 17-02-2019, 11:52 PM   #40
ottoatom

I assume its a 2005 S2R 800, dont believe S2R1000s were already out in 2004/2005.

From what the manual says, 2005 models are Euro2 which will make them non-compliant with the ULEZ. If Im wrong and it's a Euro3 bike you should be fine as this is what they really look at.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ult...t-the-standard

Because my V5C didnt have the emissions on it I had to get the CoC for the bike, which is specific to the VIN and VRN of the vehicle and send it to TFL with a big please, thank you and cheese on top. You can get the CoC from Ducati UK, or other dealers. I got mine from InMoto so they know the drill and will help you, through a **small** contribution of 100£... The problem is that because the bike is older than 10 years, they might not have it and are not obliged to give it to you, so I hope you're as lucky as I was.

If you cant get the CoC, TFL also accept the following (copy paste from an email they sent me):

If you can provide us with a copy of your vehicle registration document (V5C) that contains the Nitrogen Oxides (NOx)value and Particulate matter (PM) value (if diesel), we can confirm the compliance status of your vehicle. Please check that the NOx and if applicable the PM value is recorded on the V5c, usually these are deatiled in sections V.3 and V.5 respectively.

If these values are not recorded on the V5c you will need to provide a copy of the vehicle's Conformity Certificate which you can obtain from the vehicle manufacturer. Alternatively you may wish to contact the vehicle manufacturer's homologation department. They will need to provide you with a letter signed by a named individual from the homologation department which contains the following information:
- vehicle registration mark (VRM)
- vehicle identification number (VIN)
- euro standard the vehicle was manufactured to
- Fuel Type
- Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) value

I tried that route myself and didnt go far at all, I was so happy when they found the CoC for my bike at Ducati UK that giving those 100£ was more a relief than anything else..

Anyway, hope this helps.
Otto
Old 18-02-2019, 06:59 AM   #41
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

You will need coc for your bike from 05. It is not about euro2 or 3 but as per thread specific emissions. Most euro2 Ducatis should be exempt as they fall way under tfl minimum. Coc has those emissions listed and certified.

"I am Lucazade"
Old 18-02-2019, 09:41 AM   #42
ottoatom

The person I talked to at TFL told me the bikes had to be at least Euro3, but hopefully you are right. Only the hydrocarbons fall above the Euro3 so If TFL are sensible people they should get an exemption for your 2005 s2r.

Below, the emissions for the 2006 S2R1000.

Last edited by ottoatom; 18-02-2019 at 02:30 PM..
Old 18-02-2019, 10:04 AM   #43
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Or, get a 'classic' (40+ years old) and be exempt, plus free road tax and no MOT to boot.

I'm unlikely to be riding in London but my old Guzzi is about to turn 40 and so would be just the ticket...

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2019, 02:27 PM   #44
jerry
Old Git

My 2001 S4 in thailand is apparently Euro 3 compliant as it was originally a Japan market model it was covered in ducati factory Euro3 stickers and japan environmental E3 compliance stickers when i bought it in 2005 although with all the mods I have done i doubt its any kind of compliant now ..
Old 18-02-2019, 03:29 PM   #45
loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoatom View Post
Anyway, hope this helps.
Otto
Thanks Otto, it's incredibly helpful! And yes, it's a S2R 800. I checked on the V5 and the exhaust emissions are not specified.

I got the ball rolling by calling Ducati in Italy, a really nice lady explained the procedure, she checked if the bike was registered with them. Once confirmed, she asked me to email them a copy of my ID and the bike's V5 with VIN readable. She explained that she'll forward the request to Ducati UK, and they'll contact me soon.

Apparently there's a lot of requests coming from the UK because of the ULEZ, so it might take a while to get the certificate.

If and when I finally receive the COC, what would the next steps be? Email the copies of COC and V5 to TfL? Do I need anything else?

Surely there must be grounds for a class action to get TfL to whitelist some motorcycles that meet the emissions requirements even if they're not certified Euro 3...