UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Triumph Factory Visitor Experience

Old 02-01-2019, 02:13 PM   #1
Uncle Bob

Bike: M1100evo
Triumph Factory Visitor Experience

Well, I didn't wait until the New Year after all, and over the Xmas break Mrs Bob and I trundled up to Hinckley to the 'Triumph Factory Visitor Experience'.

The 'Experience' as it is now opened in Feb 2018 and consists of the Triumph Museum, the factory tour, shop and cafe. The guided factory tour takes 90 minutes and costs £18pp but the rest of it is free to visit. The museum isn't huge, but if you read everything on display you could easily kill an hour or two. We were there about four hours for the whole thing, including a spot of lunch in the cafe. Our guide told us that they are supposed to be including the paint shop in the tour in future, which will be a good excuse for another visit (plus the factory wasn't actualy open on the day of our visit, which is both a shame and a bonus as we got to 'wander' ever so slightly off the well laid out visitor track!).

I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone with even a passing interest in motorbikes (or even just manufacturing to be honest). OK it's not Bologna, but all credit to Triumph, they've done an excellent job with it.

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/visitor-experience
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:44 PM   #2
Christy

Bike: M900
I am planning to go this year at some point. Thanks for the review.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:08 PM   #3
Doggy

Bike: M796
I went on a factory tour in 2007 when i got my street triple . Interesting day out .
About time i went back I suppose as I now have a 765 RS .
Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:47 AM   #4
Uncle Bob

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
I went on a factory tour in 2007 when i got my street triple . Interesting day out .
About time i went back I suppose as I now have a 765 RS .
In the 'finished goods' area we saw one particular bike that was the last one of its kind to be produced, and I think that was a 765RS? I could be wrong, I'm not that clued up on the Triumph range. It's going to the guy who owns a lot of the bikes in the museum - **** Shepherd.

LOL - In case it wasn't clear, the guy's name is **** (i.e. short for Richard) Shepherd!
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote