UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Kits & Accessories » 696 Tail tidy + pillion grab rails

Old 09-01-2017, 09:50 PM   #16
Pezz

Bike: M1100s
Ive got the whole lot on my 696 - Evotech tail tidy, original indicators, grabrails, termis and of course a number plate - this is smaller I think its 7 x 5 but there was a bigger one on when I got the bike and it had the OEM cans at that point but not the grab rails

Pezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:25 PM   #17
Uncle Bob

Bike: M1100evo
Ahhh that is spot on! Thanks Pezz, that's the picture I was really hoping to see
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 05:51 AM   #18
chris.p
Gold Member

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezz View Post
Ive got the whole lot on my 696 - Evotech tail tidy, original indicators, grabrails, termis and of course a number plate - this is smaller I think its 7 x 5 but there was a bigger one on when I got the bike and it had the OEM cans at that point but not the grab rails

Do the grab rails push down on the indicators at all??, as they did when I tried to fit the Evotech one??
chris.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:32 AM   #19
Pezz

Bike: M1100s
they touch but don't push down - I'll try and get a photo of that tonight so you can see.
Pezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:19 PM   #20
chris.p
Gold Member

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Took a couple of pics of mine, 1100 evo, obviously exhaust differ but everthing else is the same, sorry for picture quality, but the ipad takes crap pics 😔, as you can see there is plenty of space between the indicators and the grab rails.

[URL=http://s61.photobucket.com/user/chris4356uk/media/IMG_0905.jpg.html][/URL

chris.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:27 PM   #21
Tim88

I had DP tail tidy, grab rails and standard indicators on my 696 with termis. The standard dealership numberplate fitted ok (probably because I was lucky to have an '11' in the number so it was quite slim anyway) but I still trimmed 3/8ths off each edge for a better look. The standard indicators did contact the rails and required very carefull assembly to achieve an acceptable fit. Oddly the standard indicators fit much more easily on my 1100evo which also has a dp tail tidy and rails. On both bikes I made a bracket to alter the position and angle of the led number plate light so that it was not shining straight into the eyes of following traffic. The standard DP position is stupid.
Tim88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:01 PM   #22
Uncle Bob

Well, I went for the DP version in the end. OK it was the most expensive, but I was keen to keep it Ducati, and when I popped into Ducati Aylesbury on Saturday they had one in stock!

Funnily enough though, when I said I was after a tail tidy they said "Yes, we usually offer two brands, R&G and Evotech"! "What about the Ducati one?" I said . Maybe they don't sell many due to being twice the price...
Old 03-12-2018, 09:05 AM   #23
Uncle Bob

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

After I bought the R&G tail tidy for the 696 (directly from Ducati) it sat in a box in my garage as a 'rainy day' job. then I got rid of the 696! Now I have an 1100 Evo and reading the info on this site it appears that the tail tidy will actually fit. Happy days.

I have the Ducati pillion grab rails too, which are already on and look great (needs must, you know...) and I was concerned that the indicators would have clearance issues, but seeing the pics above from chris.p it seems like we're onto a winner!

The only things that were not transferrable were the R&G spindle sliders, as the rear axle is much bigger on the Evo. Will probably post them up for sale on here at some point.