UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Bike Reviews :. » Bike Reviews » M750 » Ducati 750 Monster Test Ride

Old 14-07-2011, 10:41 PM   #16
Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigie View Post
From new, not another bike. I have not done this and have no problems and I mostly tote round gridlock London using the clutch alot.
I'll bear that in mind as I found the 750's slightly heavy, so will expect to pay that when/if I get the 900. Cheers.
Old 15-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #17
fuelline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomfoolery View Post
I'll bear that in mind as I found the 750's slightly heavy, so will expect to pay that when I get the 900. Cheers.
Fixed.
Old 26-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #18
benson

As another M750 fan I have to add my love for these beautiful little bikes - I've now got a new floating single disk courtesy of Rosso Corse and the bike feels fab - I love the bike to bits. It had just turned 9000 miles when I got it last autumn, we've done about 1500 since then and every mile has been a joy. The bike really is nimble and revs happily through each gear, makes me smile all the time. The 900 by comparison is really very different and not one I'd want to ride through town every day on my commute because of the clutch but they're totally different and equally lovely - good luck with the purchase and many years of fond attachment!
Old 27-07-2011, 05:25 AM   #19
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
I too, am biased towards the 750.
Mine's a carby.....can't see the need for electronics.
I'm equally unimpressed by extra valves, plumbing,dry clutches or single siders.
The 750 does just about everything I ask of an all round roadster (on the sort of roads a bike is for), including the huge grin.
Its relatively simple to maintain at home, and a joy to work on.
And yes, fuel consumption is decent in normal use, and I couldn't believe how many laps I was able to thrash it for on a single tankful at the Mallory trackday.
I can't really compare, as it is the only monster I've ridden, but after 5yrs or so of ownership I still feel no need or even desire to try a bigger monster...nor indeed a non-monster of any kind.
Buy 'em now folks, while you still can....and keep 'em. Best bike ever, in my opinion. This one's mine forever.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #20
Tomfoolery

Well...I bought it
Old 09-10-2011, 11:57 PM   #21
He11cat

Congrats! Have fun

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: