UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » New member and hopefully 1st time Ducati owner soon

Old 22-02-2021, 08:35 PM   #1
dazeandconfuse

New member and hopefully 1st time Ducati owner soon

Hi folks, I currently ride a Yamaha FZS1000 but I'm looking for something a bit lighter and hopefully actually more fun on UK roads.
I'd originally been considering Moto Guzzi but all the lighter ones are underpowered and all the more powerful ones are heavier than my Fazer. Also, prices are getting a bit steep. In my research I discovered the KTM 790 Duke, Aprilia Shiver 900 and a couple of Triumphs but nothing quite fitted the bill. I'd already decided that my next bike had to be a Twin as I've done the UJM IL4 to death.

Then I discovered the Monster 821. I'm hoping to complete on a house sale soon and then there's just some Will stuff for the Solicitor to do so hopefully by the end of March I should have the funds, so if Retail opens up on 12th April I can go and find a 2018 Monster 821. I've decided I prefer the TFT dash and the regular size tyres on the later model but I will be looking for an end can

As for me, I'm 55 years old, been riding since I was 17 (with a couple of breaks for financial reasons) and I live in Lancashire
Old 22-02-2021, 08:46 PM   #2
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Hi and welcome on board, fingers crossed for April
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 09:17 PM   #3
motomartin11

Bike: M750
Welcome. I'm now 63 (and riding since I was 16 on a Fizzie) and have had loads of bikes : many UJM's including a Fazer Thou, T'cat, Fazer 600s, Hornet 600 ,CBR 600, ZX9, Bandit 600 and 1200 among others. I also have had 3 Guzzis and a couple of Monsters-620i and my current M750-so old school types really. Also had a 690 Duke which I loved but found somewhat manic.Yes the Guzzis are very heavy-well the bigger engined ones are -the later small blocks are lighter. I can't speak of the more modern Monsters but I've loved my two.I do like twins-also had a Z750 Kawa-remember them-most will be too young. Currently I have also got a Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor which is an entirely different kettle of fish.So good luck and I don't think you be disappointed if you do get a Monster -ancient or modern.
motomartin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 09:44 PM   #4
Moco1961

Welcome aboard, know what you mean about the tyres,choice is limited on the earlier ones.....but I get by
Old 23-02-2021, 08:57 AM   #5
mickj

Bike: M1200s
Welcome to the forum dazeandconfuse.
Old 23-02-2021, 02:28 PM   #6
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Welcome!

I just got my new issue of Bike magazine through the post and they have highlighted an offer by J & L Motorcycles in Carlisle on a new, unregistered, non-demo 821 with £670 off and a Termi exhaust worth £1100. Not a million miles from you in Preston so maybe worth a phone call before this issue lands in the shops tomorrow. 01228 585524.

Happy hunting!
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2021, 08:01 PM   #7
dazeandconfuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
Welcome!

I just got my new issue of Bike magazine through the post and they have highlighted an offer by J & L Motorcycles in Carlisle on a new, unregistered, non-demo 821 with £670 off and a Termi exhaust worth £1100. Not a million miles from you in Preston so maybe worth a phone call before this issue lands in the shops tomorrow. 01228 585524.

Happy hunting!
Looks like they already changed them. No monsters on their current offers. To be honest, Brand new is not going to happen, budget is going to be about £7500

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: