UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Highland Monster

Old 03-10-2020, 05:47 PM   #1
enbee23

Bike: S4r
Highland Monster

Hello, I'm Nick.

I got on two wheels in the '90s and the Monster became one of those bikes that I would own one day... Life happened and no Ducatis happened. And then no bikes at all for a number of years.

I picked up a 1996 M750 in March and have been slowly improving it. And then this week I couldn't resist the dry clutch rattle and bought an inexpensive 1995 M900

The 750 is the cleaner and nicer bike but the 900 is the one I'm going to keep, I'm pretty sure.

I'm in Nairn in the Highlands and can't remember the last time I saw any Monster on the roads round here. So I'm hoping this place will be where I can come for information and maybe one day to offer something back once I've learned enough. In the mean time, I'll try to post some work in progress pics as I go.

Cheers
enbee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:12 PM   #2
Moco1961

Hi Nick, welcome aboard, pictures can be a challenge I am afraid but help is usually at hand. Can't wait to see your monsters
Old 03-10-2020, 06:18 PM   #3
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by enbee23 View Post
Hello, I'm Nick.

I got on two wheels in the '90s and the Monster became one of those bikes that I would own one day... Life happened and no Ducatis happened. And then no bikes at all for a number of years.

I picked up a 1996 M750 in March and have been slowly improving it. And then this week I couldn't resist the dry clutch rattle and bought an inexpensive 1995 M900

The 750 is the cleaner and nicer bike but the 900 is the one I'm going to keep, I'm pretty sure.

I'm in Nairn in the Highlands and can't remember the last time I saw any Monster on the roads round here. So I'm hoping this place will be where I can come for information and maybe one day to offer something back once I've learned enough. In the mean time, I'll try to post some work in progress pics as I go.

Cheers
Yay! 900's are my favorite too.

To post pics on this forum you will need to use https://postimages.org/ or similar.

I'm not a great soiurce of info on these bikes despite owining one for a few years, but there are many regulars who are both knowlegable (think professor) and friendly. I doubt you will have questions they can't answer!

Welcome along.

JEZ
Old 03-10-2020, 06:42 PM   #4
Druid

Hello.

I spent a thoroughly enjoyable weekend is Scotland at the end of August, based in Inverness. There are so many good roads up there but don't tell anybody, we'll keep it for ourselves
Old 03-10-2020, 06:44 PM   #5
boris
More Tools!

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Welcome friend. Glad to see your on board, and looking forward to the Monster experience. I'm just up the road..
Old 03-10-2020, 07:07 PM   #6
Darkness

Bike: M900
Hello and welcome on board!
Old 03-10-2020, 08:58 PM   #7
enbee23

Bike: S4r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez900ie View Post
Yay! 900's are my favorite too.

To post pics on this forum you will need to use https://postimages.org/ or similar.

I'm not a great soiurce of info on these bikes despite owining one for a few years, but there are many regulars who are both knowlegable (think professor) and friendly. I doubt you will have questions they can't answer!

Welcome along.

JEZ
Thanks for the postimages tip. I used to use photobucket for forums before it disappeared up its own backside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druid View Post
Hello.

I spent a thoroughly enjoyable weekend is Scotland at the end of August, based in Inverness. There are so many good roads up there but don't tell anybody, we'll keep it for ourselves
You're not wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris View Post
Welcome friend. Glad to see your on board, and looking forward to the Monster experience. I'm just up the road..
Thanks! And great to know there's a fellow sufferer close by. What Monsters have you got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Hello and welcome on board!
Thank you.
enbee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:27 PM   #8
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Welcome aboard, as mentioned plenty of help on the forum. Pop some pictures up , good to see a monster!
Old 04-10-2020, 09:26 AM   #9
mickj

Bike: M1200s
Welcome to the forum Nick.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:59 PM   #10
cactus

Bike: M900ie
Hi there. I'm in Dundee and have blasted up to Nairn over the Lecht on my M900ie quite a lot of times. You should consider joining the Scottish Ducati Club. There's also Ducati up North on FB. The D.U.N. website is now read only but there is sure to be plenty of info on there to help you out.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:02 PM   #11
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
BTW i will keep those bits for you, I just need to find a box for them.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote