UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » New (soon to be) owner!

Old 20-09-2020, 03:44 PM   #16
Teddb7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickj View Post
The transverse myelitis is a relatively unusual one, hope the primary source is sorted or under control and your recovering .. slowly but improving.

There's a couple of people down your way and you're in a reasonable place to get to areas of monster activity.

Welcome and enjoy
Thanks for your message. Yes, the TM is not only rare but I have probably the worst extent you can get: full paralysis from the neck down (back in October 2018). There was an article about me in Cycling Weekly magazine back in March (if you're interested to know more!).

There was never going to be a no bike option for me though...
Old 20-09-2020, 03:54 PM   #17
Teddb7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgt View Post
Welcome to the forum Ted Enjoy your new bike, the 1200s is a great bike.
Cheers Mick. How has yours been?
Old 20-09-2020, 04:26 PM   #18
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddb7
Thanks for the offer - regretfully I have already taken the plunge on the Evotech.
No problem

Quote:
The 'serious mishap' does not sound good. Are you ok?
not really but I’m working on it...

Quote:
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=57576
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2020, 04:30 PM   #19
Teddb7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
Welcome aboard, Ted!

I see you're Hampshire based so handy for Moto Rapido, (are you buying it from them?).

Evotech stuff is well designed, nicely made and I've found that their customer service is excellent. Be aware that I don't think Evotech include printed guides with their products anymore. For installation instructions, you need to download them from their website.
Thanks for your reply. I went to Moto Rapido first (George was very helpful) but regretfully they did not have demo Monsters available.

I considered the Diavel but it's a little too big for the available garage space and, more importantly, it was too heavy for my present condition.

My girlfriend lives in Norfolk and I'm up there a lot. Seastars Superbikes had demo's available so I took out an 821 one Friday. If was great but, after my triple Triumph, I thought I should try the more powerful one too! So, two weeks later, it was the 1200s. I felt more comfortable straight away so there was no debate! It will take a day to get used to the quick shift (it started well then went to pot!) and I will, no doubt, continually beat myself up that I went for black/black and not red!

Last edited by Teddb7; 20-09-2020 at 04:31 PM.. Reason: Spelling mistake!
Old 21-09-2020, 10:10 AM   #20
mickj

Bike: M1200s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddb7 View Post
The bike is lovely to ride and sounds great with my SPEngineering end can but I have had three problems with it.
1. The fuel gauge is a bit of a pain, it will only register that I have filled it if I get it down below 5/8, if I fill at 3/4 or 7/8 it does not register, this is being looked at by Ducati.
2. Discs warped at about 6000 miles, replaced under warranty.
3. Chain spat an O ring but I have picked up a spare soft link and am about to replace it.
None of these problems have stopped me riding it and I have just gone through 7000 miles in just over two years, not bad as I have other bikes and they all get used as well.
Old 28-09-2020, 07:34 AM   #21
Lizzyfan

I collected my black on black Monster 1200s on the 1st Sept. I've fitted Evo-Tec engine/frame crash bungs, rad, oil cooler & engine guards, front forks crash bungs & tail tidy. All easy to fit using the instructions from the Evo-Tec web site. Not cheap stuff but the best there is available imo

Last edited by Lizzyfan; 28-09-2020 at 08:01 AM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: