UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » Rear light legal requirements

Old 05-08-2021, 06:38 PM   #16
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Thanks chaps!
I like the rear light on your Guzzi, Flip. What bike is it?
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 07:02 PM   #17
Flip

Bike: M900
Thanks, it’s a 2020 model V7iii Stone Night Pack. The ‘Night Pack’ means it had full LED lighting and the rear light itself is black anodised Aluminium with twelve LED chips.

Old 05-08-2021, 07:16 PM   #18
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
I really like the V7's, there were several at Newby Hall to gawp at, all different.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 08:18 PM   #19
Flip

Bike: M900
Yep me too, I bought it during Lockdown in February on a bit of a whim after selling my little race bike (and shortly after my Thundercat too). I'd never ridden one but thought 'it's Italian- what could possibly be horrible? Then I looked at second hand prices and they seemed to be holding well so took a chance.

They wouldn't suit everyone as they are quite small meaning foot-rest to seat distance might be a problem if you're long in the legs but I've just done a tad over a thousand miles in four and a half days riding round Wales and it's been great.

Yes they're a bit quirky (but that's part of the appeal), could possibly do with a bit more power but then would probably need better suspension, another brake disc and some wider wheels/tyres to cope with it and I think would miss the point- it's so easy natured and laid back while still being a ride to think about, partly because of the above.

I would describe the handling as a bit 1980's with it's chassis (skinny wheels and twin shocks) and quite a long wheelbase that needs to be 'set up' for a corner rather than braking hard and accelerate out of it if that makes sense?

Ride it the way it was made to be and it's quite lovely in my opinion- build quality also appears to be very good considering the cost too.

There is a new 850cc version but I personally don't like the look as much.
Old 06-08-2021, 12:55 PM   #20
Dave G
Imagineer

Bike: S2r
Have a search for the Fleda rear light set up, it was popular in the U.S. sportclassic owners although a bit too Tron looking for me.
I'm happy with the OE rear light setup used upside down on my bike, if you just want smaller then try looking at the classic market where wipac and lucas replica lights might be of interest, the lucas mt211 or 475 might be of interest though you'll need to figure out how best to mount them.