UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » Lincs. Italian Motorcycle Festival Saturday 14th August.

Old 15-08-2021, 07:18 PM   #46
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Ha .. as soon as I saw your first photo, I knew what was coming.

And yes, it was a grand day out.
Loads of interesting bikes to see as usual but I do agree .. the 750 Ducatis were top of the list

Apart from a couple of short trundles to recommission the bike after its covid layoff, that was the first proper ride that I've done since march 2019.
Great to meet up again after all this time .. and to meet a couple of new faces too.
The only downside was the queue outside the naafi, which refused to get even the tiniest bit shorter at any time during the three or four hours that we watched it, forcing us to make an early departure in search of ham, eggs and chips at a local hostelry.

The ride home was indeed a good one but I have to say, James, it got even better after we parted company at Bourne.
The roads from there back to Tim's neck of the woods around Melton are pretty damn wonderful .. just major enough to be well maintained and free of gravel outwash etc but still minor enough to be full of twists and turns as they wind their way through forgotten middle english countryside and devoid of much traffic to speak of.
I've followed Tim along those roads a few times over the years and it quickly became one of my favourite, local(ish) runs.

Yep, all in all a grand day out.
Only downside is that I've just realised, via a photo on "another" forum that there was a Bimota Tesi there (complete with hub-centre steering).
I could probably have spent another hour gazing at that.
Maybe it'll be there next year.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2021, 08:07 PM   #47
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post

Great to meet up again after all this time .. and to meet a couple of new faces too.
The only downside was the queue outside the naafi, which refused to get even the tiniest bit shorter at any time during the three or four hours that we watched it, forcing us to make an early departure in search of ham, eggs and chips at a local hostelry.

The ride home was indeed a good one but I have to say, James, it got even better after we parted company at Bourne.
The roads from there back to Tim's neck of the woods around Melton are pretty damn wonderful .. just major enough to be well maintained and free of gravel outwash etc but still minor enough to be full of twists and turns as they wind their way through forgotten middle english countryside and devoid of much traffic to speak of.
I've followed Tim along those roads a few times over the years and it quickly became one of my favourite, local(ish) runs.
The road out of Bourne in the direction of Melton I've used many times, if memory serves me correctly, it's part of a route known locally as 'The Rutland TT' cracking road. We used another part of the route when we held The Weekender at the Sharnbrook.

The queue for at the NAFI was a pita, which after poppng in there earlier in the day for a cuppa in not surprised. The service was slow. However the pub we stop for food was interesting!
Old 16-08-2021, 07:49 AM   #48
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Yes, good to see you all again.

The Melton to Bourne road is always one of my favourites though you need to be alert to wildlife - I've seen a couple of Deer strikes along there in the last few years and actually had a Rabbit run out at me and pass under the Monster, between the wheels to come out the other side unscathed, though I suspect his ears might have got a little warm!

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2021, 11:14 AM   #49
Chris Jessop

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
We would to thank everyone who attended the event last Saturday. You helped to make it a terrific success.

Event report: https://www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk/448646055

Event 78 images: https://www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk/450263379
Chris Jessop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2021, 03:41 PM   #50
dacs

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jessop View Post
We would to thank everyone who attended the event last Saturday. You helped to make it a terrific success.
Chris, thanks to you and the rest of the organising team for another splendid day out. This is becoming my annual must attend event.
Old 22-08-2021, 02:58 PM   #51
Scrappy

I'm a first time attendee and really enjoyed the day. Bikes, Lancaster, and WWII memorabilia, what not to like

Last edited by Scrappy; 22-08-2021 at 03:02 PM..
Old 23-08-2021, 02:23 PM   #52
Christy

Bike: M900
A cracking day. It was great to meet some of you.
Old 29-08-2021, 06:27 AM   #53
Chris Jessop

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
FYI, the date for next year's event is Saturday 13th August 2022.
Chris Jessop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2021, 08:41 AM   #54
hh93

Bike: M620ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jessop View Post
FYI, the date for next year's event is Saturday 13th August 2022.
Noted - I might even be able to attend on Doris :-)

Last edited by hh93; 29-08-2021 at 08:47 AM..
hh93 is offline   Reply With Quote