UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Back with a M900 series I

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2015, 09:03 PM   #1
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Back with a M900 series I

Well who would have thought within 6 months of selling my beloved M1100s to Mart64 I would have been back so quick with another bike. I am sure there were doubter's thinking I had Sold Out but I always said I have had all the fun of power now and want period and had my heart set on getting as early bike as I could afford when I could afford it. I actually did have a plan to try and get a natty boys old tricolor 600 but had no response there.
So it happened last Friday all by luck of browsing facebook on Ducati Proteams page where a few minutes previous an advert was posted of a customer selling a M900 for spares or repair £500. I instantly phoned up and spoke to the guy saying I will pop around after work and I want it whatever as people were sniffing around. I never realised at first it was a 1993 as the wheels and hoop were silver and thought maybe a 1995. Now the dilemma was that the engine may need its big ends doing and the guy couldn't afford to do it as he needed the bike to ride. I was and am ok as a 1993 bike is the one for me that I would prefer. I had a 1997 to begin with and I intend to keep it original.
So after getting the go ahead from Caroline we go and see the bike not 5 miles from me and instantly surprised how decent it is overall. New ohlins on the rear or mint condition anyhow. Tank is painted along with front mudguard and the hinge had been welded as had a leak. Its got all the right bits and not cut up other than heated grips and gold bar ends and a pair of missing rear indicators and tail light as replace with LED built in one. No seat cowl either. Deal was done after I asked to listen to the engine . It wasn't as bad as I thought tbh and have no issues to restore.
Picked the bike up Saturday night on the trailer and squeezed her in the garage safely and we were both really pleased.
Never got to do anything until Monday night and basically removing stuff unwanted and anything I can clean whilst keeping it able to run as it has to go to the garage and have an engine inspection to what needs doing or the best way to approach it.
Getting most of the stuff off with only 1 bolt breaking so far and all bolts nuts are original and will be replated and used again.
I will leave you with some images I took so far but this is a long term project over summer and winter even though MoT is until January it may not be done until next weekender possibly. Its going to be as it would be.

Albie is offline   Reply With Quote