UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » It's been a long time...

Old 18-06-2017, 09:25 AM   #16
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Welcome back.. and congratulations.

What a truly splendid post (#15).

I looked Masham up and assume you are no longer London resident?
Looks like a lovely place to visit and ride around.
I found this though and the alarm bells rang! Looks just like a set from Midsomer Murders... Or is it for real? The name Druid's Temple doesn't help with it's credibility.

Old 18-06-2017, 09:27 AM   #17
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Welcome back to monstrous things.

Sun's out again today.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 10:07 AM   #18
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Can't believe you looked up Masham and didn't land on this first
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 10:34 AM   #19
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Far out man!!

Is that a bong on the right?
Old 18-06-2017, 02:56 PM   #20
Darkness

Bike: M900
Welcome back Benson

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
Can't believe you looked up Masham and didn't land on this first
Good stuff, they used to send a dray down to Banbury for the Fairport Convention.

Not quite the same since S&N took over, but I still quite like this stuff:

https://www.blacksheepbrewery.com/about

Old 19-06-2017, 01:14 PM   #21
benson

The beer is truly excellent but not quite as excellent as the Monster!
Old 19-06-2017, 01:15 PM   #22
benson

I've been in Yorkshire for three years now. Beer is good. Roads too. Squires remains pretty much unchanged but they've got a better coffee machine now!
Old 22-06-2017, 08:23 PM   #23
benson

So greetings again chumrades - this evening saw 350 miles clocked up on the Monster. The temperature was far more forgiving than it has been of late so I headed out of home toward Wetherby via the back roads of Bramham to the A168 toward Boroughbridge and then through Ripon and back toward Harrogate on the sweepingly and achingly lovely A61 and there wasn't another soul on the road for miles. Before Harrogate we took a cheeky turn left on the Otley Road before being blown over the tops, literally up and down Dale which has some interesting turns I can tell you, into Pool and then back home the long way round via a beautiful loop toward Harewood, Wetherby and finally again homewards.

Tonight was my first spin in sport mode. He he he. The biggest grin for some time and then a careful check to ensure nothing over the rev limit your honour.

I am LOVING this bike. I am loving the challenge of making a twin work again after a 4 cylindered perfectly mannered and very capable German beastie (S1000RS) but somehow it never really moved me - as in my soul. The bike was exceptional and managed to make me whoop with sheer speed - that's undeniable - but the thrill of the Monster and the knowledge that in a few sweet weeks (two weeks tomorrow in fact) that first service will be done and I'll be heading for free revs after 700 miles.

I also have to be realistic - I don't do the straight line journeys I used to when perhaps a different bike was demanded - my commute is rarely over 50 miles these days and wherever I can I head for the A and B roads - so thank you Ducati - I'm so pleased with the R and glad I didn't opt for the S - even though I love the tank buckle and the new headlight looks sweet - but hell, I love these fat headers (like their owner) - I love the seat, the Evotech goodies which arrived this morning and I love the bike.

Did I mention I love it yet???
Old 22-06-2017, 08:40 PM   #24
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
I am actually very jealous but am happy with my bikes. I seem to be stepped back but who knows maybe one day will go for new one again. Glad your having fun.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 10:25 PM   #25
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by benson View Post
So greetings again chumrades - this evening saw 350 miles clocked up on the Monster. The temperature was far more forgiving than it has been of late so I headed out of home toward Wetherby via the back roads of Bramham to the A168 toward Boroughbridge and then through Ripon and back toward Harrogate on the sweepingly and achingly lovely A61 and there wasn't another soul on the road for miles. Before Harrogate we took a cheeky turn left on the Otley Road before being blown over the tops, literally up and down Dale which has some interesting turns I can tell you, into Pool and then back home the long way round via a beautiful loop toward Harewood, Wetherby and finally again homewards.

Tonight was my first spin in sport mode. He he he. The biggest grin for some time and then a careful check to ensure nothing over the rev limit your honour.

I am LOVING this bike. I am loving the challenge of making a twin work again after a 4 cylindered perfectly mannered and very capable German beastie (S1000RS) but somehow it never really moved me - as in my soul. The bike was exceptional and managed to make me whoop with sheer speed - that's undeniable - but the thrill of the Monster and the knowledge that in a few sweet weeks (two weeks tomorrow in fact) that first service will be done and I'll be heading for free revs after 700 miles.

I also have to be realistic - I don't do the straight line journeys I used to when perhaps a different bike was demanded - my commute is rarely over 50 miles these days and wherever I can I head for the A and B roads - so thank you Ducati - I'm so pleased with the R and glad I didn't opt for the S - even though I love the tank buckle and the new headlight looks sweet - but hell, I love these fat headers (like their owner) - I love the seat, the Evotech goodies which arrived this morning and I love the bike.

Did I mention I love it yet???
Great to read Rach, happy to hear you're getting on with it! I got just over 2k miles on mine and it gets better and better, it's got so much grip liberties can be taken and the Motor never ceases to amaze!

12R's rock!!
Old 23-06-2017, 10:43 AM   #26
Allstar

Sounds awesome that you're back on a Monster! I already have the feeling they bond with their owners very quickly.

Have fun!
Old 23-06-2017, 06:49 PM   #27
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Sounds awesome that you're back on a Monster! I already have the feeling they bond with their owners very quickly.

Have fun!
They are soooo much fun!
Mines covered 2.7k and as Pedro mentioned, just keeps getting better
On the fast sweeping roads around where I live, the bike spends most of its time between 3rd and 5th gear as I use the engine to move 'briskly' ( I was going how fast officer!)
The punch out of roundabouts and quick bends is intoxicating..... I'm of for ride !
Old 23-06-2017, 07:18 PM   #28
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Been in Yorkshire for 3 years? Can't believe you haven't popped over for a cuppa.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 04:55 PM   #29
benson

Where are you big red? It's been ages hasn't it! We moved here about three and a bit years ago, between Leeds and Wetherby after a short spell in York - we must try to make a Monster meet up!

The bike truly is a gem. I'm so pleased to be back on a monster again - just feels right and it makes me smile.
Old 24-06-2017, 08:13 PM   #30
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
About 12 miles west of Hull, 11 miles south of Beverley, 25 miles SE of York. South Cave to be exact. We should meet up for a natter!
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote