UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Another new Monster owner

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 13-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #16
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
ps. I noticed on the other forum that you are looking for some handguards for the 695, Matt.
I have been working on my own unique design for these over the last couple of years and they are now just days away from being available on the forum in limited quantity. In fact, the first pair were sent out to He11cat last week before I left for EICMA.
In my opinion, my design is much better than anything else on the market. They fit to the coffin master cylinder units and have no attachments whatsoever to the bars themselves, so they're neat, easy to fit, narrower than other designs but more effective at shielding your pinkies from the icy blast, and quickly detachable if you prefer a less cluttered look in the summer (though I leave mine on cos I like the way they look).
After a couple of years testing I can confidently say that they are more effective than heated grips, and super toasty when used in conjunction.
Being handmade at low volume, they aren't the cheapest, but I honestly think they are the best available.
Watch this space.
utopia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #17
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
ps. I noticed on the other forum that you are looking for some handguards for the 695, Matt.
I have been working on my own unique design for these over the last couple of years and they are now just days away from being available on the forum in limited quantity. In fact, the first pair were sent out to He11cat last week before I left for EICMA.
In my opinion, my design is much better than anything else on the market. They fit to the coffin master cylinder units and have no attachments whatsoever to the bars themselves, so they're neat, easy to fit, narrower than other designs but more effective at shielding your pinkies from the icy blast, and quickly detachable if you prefer a less cluttered look in the summer (though I leave mine on cos I like the way they look).
After a couple of years testing I can confidently say that they are more effective than heated grips, and super toasty when used in conjunction.
Being handmade at low volume, they aren't the cheapest, but I honestly think they are the best available.
Watch this space.
I'd be very interested when they are available. Let me know prices and availability
Old 13-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #18
He11cat

Hi Matt
As admins / mods go your very chilled ....... I feel you pain as I admin and mod elsewhere and its like herding cats some days

Enjoy the Monster !
Old 13-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #19
turbohobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Watch this space.
Yup, interest here too! I was looking at some Barkbusters, but with heated grips my bars are getting a bit conjested. I'm really interested to hear more about this - keep us in the loop!
Old 13-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #20
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by He11cat View Post
Hi Matt
As admins / mods go your very chilled ....... I feel you pain as I admin and mod elsewhere and its like herding cats some days

Enjoy the Monster !
Ahh thanks
Old 13-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #21
bazread

Welcome and some good reading on your blog !!

Baz
Old 13-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #22
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazread View Post
Welcome and some good reading on your blog !!

Baz
Thanks for the feedback. Always nice to find out it actually gets read
Old 13-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #23
Cobra88

Welcome Matt

Nice blog mate
Old 13-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #24
He11cat

Matt if your boots fill with water you need some Daytona boots
Ok not the most glam boots in the world to look at but good safety record and I have been in biblical downpours yet my feet are always dry
Nice blog ..
Old 13-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #25
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by He11cat View Post
Matt if your boots fill with water you need some Daytona boots
Ok not the most glam boots in the world to look at but good safety record and I have been in biblical downpours yet my feet are always dry
Nice blog ..
Thanks Mel. Problem sorted with some SMX Plus Gore Tex jobbies
Old 13-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #26
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra88 View Post
Welcome Matt

Nice blog mate
Cheers dude
Old 13-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #27
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Utopia pm me when you have a set will ya?

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #28
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Uh uh either Merged with for sale thread

Or

Merged with I want thread

Which one is it?

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote