UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » Silverstone Fri practice

Old 10-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
Desmond

Silverstone Fri practice

Filtered along the A43 heading towards the M1 behind a red 696 – well, I think it was a 696. It certainly had Termis and was an 09 plate, ending GUG or something like that. Seemed to be riding along with another Ducati (sports). After a roundabout you slowed and pulled side by side, and I went to overtake... that's when you decided to set off again and I ended up between you. Sorry! Alice
Old 14-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #2
Cutter
Bronze Member

Bike: M900
Mrs Cutter (red 695 - old shape - hi-level carbon termis) and I (Yellow Honda Firestorm - hi-level Quills - my Monster is shed project) were on that road before and after afternoon practice - might have been us
Old 15-06-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
Desmond

Ooh, not sure it was. Sorry! The bike separating us as we filtered was definitely red – a Ducati sport something or other. Or was it... I'd be hopeless as an eyewitness
Old 15-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
Desmond

Glad we went on Friday though – at least we saw Cal while he was still shiny side up and didn't have to get too wet.
Old 15-06-2011, 08:14 PM   #5
Cutter
Bronze Member

Bike: M900
Saturday was freezin in the grandstand at Luffield!!!
Old 17-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
Desmond

It wasn't tropical at Becketts on Friday – though there was a short monsoon. Very mixed, with various clothing layers coming off, going back on, off again, on again. Saturday looked like it was bright, sunny and possibly hot – we were kicking ourselves for going on the Friday not the Saturday. Now I know it was bleedin' cold, I'm glad we missed it. Don't do cold unnecessarily!
Old 17-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
buzzbomb
Gold Member

Bike: M1100s
It was dam cold both friday and saturday perhaps thats why I'm stuck in bed with the flu, glad I didn't stay for the race it looked terrible.
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #8
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Friday and Saturday were cold, although there were some warmer sunny spells.
Sunday was absolutely freezing! 5 layers of clothes and a blanket did not keep me warm or dry in the Luffield stand.
Old 18-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #9
big pete

Should have had my UKMOC beanie on , myself and helen were in the Luffield stand and wondered if there were any others about.
Long way to come from Fort Bill but even with the rain on Sunday we really enjoyed all 3 days.
Old 18-06-2011, 10:07 AM   #10
Banus

Next year.

Sat in Luffield covered grandstand on the Sunday and never ever been so cold. There were big beefy bikers sat behind us in all their gear dithering like babies. We took a packed lunch and couldn't be bothered to eat it, as it was so cold.

However got a plan for next year. Going on the Friday - roaming grandstand and a days action in all classes for £12! Won't be so much traffic and if its raining and I dont go it's only cost me £12 - result. I'll be watching the race on my 50" plasma on the Sunday and if a want to go I'll just get a ticket on the day.
Old 19-06-2011, 01:40 PM   #11
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
I was so cold, that next year I am going to Mugello instead!