UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » mot and race system

Old 07-03-2004, 07:56 AM   #1
kriss

mot and race system

does anyone know anywhere in the west midlands that will pass race system through the mot ? bike is due for first mot and dont really want to change complete system, look forward to your answers.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:53 AM   #2
superlight3

If you find one Kriss let me know

More and more MOT stations are becomming twitchy about such things. And it's all 'going electronic' later this year with a computerised central account.

Big Brother will be watching us!

Cheers.

Lee.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:01 AM   #3
kriss

is due at end of month so its either change system which i havnt really got time to do or sell it cheap.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:04 AM   #4
superlight3

'Kin 'ell Kriss.

That's a bit radical!

Lee.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:08 AM   #5
kriss

at the moment ive got so much to do work wise home not bike that time is very scarce for me so i havnt got time to mess about. the bike has only done 2800 miles so some-one will grab a bargain also loaded with dp parts which cost me a fortune.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:35 AM   #6
kriss

sorted, done it the worlds not such a bad place after all, thanks for your comments superlight a chat helps when your pissed off, cheers mate.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:18 AM   #7
Julie

Kiss are you still coming out on Sunday?
From the A447 follow the signs to the bosworth battlefield, you will end up turning left into what looks like a big field with a track running through it. follow the track until the end and you see a cluster of buildings on the left (museum, tea rooms etc) and a big grassy car park on the right. look/listen for monsters.

You may need your plastic Stand support cause I think part of the car park is grass and gravel.
Old 07-03-2004, 12:15 PM   #8
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Just asked my MOT guy, big no to noisy cans!

Ped
Old 20-03-2004, 03:47 PM   #9
JMo

I always understood that the MoT test does not involve a dB meter, it's only down to the opinion of the tester. Of course if your cans are stamped "for race use only" or "not for road use", then they are clearly as such and the tester can't pass them under construction and use regulations (or whatever gobbledegook it is they refer to) - but no markings (and a slightly deaf tester perhaps), and I would have thought you should be ok?

xxx
Old 20-03-2004, 03:56 PM   #10
A Yerbury

ped, I was also told cans not a prob sound wise. Aparently neither is plate size? Maybe thats just dalston motorcycles living in the real world tho... god bless em.
Old 20-03-2004, 04:05 PM   #11
kriss

dosnt really matter now guys and gals the bike has been sold.
Old 20-03-2004, 04:18 PM   #12
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Bike: Other Ducati
Flippin eck, I gotta get a new exhaust made before I can pass an MOT.
Old 20-03-2004, 04:31 PM   #13
JMo

PD - as I said above, it might not be a problem for you as yours was a custom jobbie - I presume Miguel didn't stamp anything on them?

xxx
Old 20-03-2004, 04:32 PM   #14
McMONSTRO

I have a freind who is a bit deaf and has problems reading small writing!!!! I know Nottingham is not local to all of you but it could save a lot of agro and £££ ? PM me if I can help

McMonstro
Old 20-03-2004, 04:37 PM   #15
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Bike: Other Ducati
Quote:
Originally posted by JMo
PD - as I said above, it might not be a problem for you as yours was a custom jobbie - I presume Miguel didn't stamp anything on them?

xxx
No he didn't but i don't think i'll get away with it this year like i did last, they aint too bad on stand still but open the throttle and they don't fool anybody.