UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Ducati Aylesbury

Old 10-05-2007, 08:13 AM   #16
yellowfever

Bike: S2r 1000
I have tried most of the dealers in SE (even been to Brighton for servicing in effort to find a decent one - I'm London based) at one point or another and have to add to this post if only to agree that onyerbike are rubbish - comfortably the worst and that's a pretty high standard in rubbish. Will not go there for anything. Had my M600 serviced there and they were appalling - won't bore you with details - so did not take S2R for test ride with them as I'd arranged, went to Ron Parkinson's instead who were far better and offered me a good deal so I bought from them and they do my servicing too. Stick with the smaller dealers - in my experience they actually give a damn....
yellowfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:02 AM   #17
markus

For servicing and general helpfulness i can't recomend Dave Woods Racing in aylesbury more - genuingly nice, MORE than reasonable prices (soo much cheaper than you'd think), top notch service and really make ya feel at home...in short they rock!
Old 10-05-2007, 10:52 AM   #18
katana

You do know that the staff there have changed.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:54 AM   #19
DavidEJM

All of this is a bit of a bind as I had intended to use Aylesbury for servicing.

When I was looking there I must say I found the sales team to be somewhat unprofessional. Almost forgot to take my number and even though they eventually did, they never phoned me to see if I was interested in a test ride. Now, no-one likes a pushy salesman (person) but some commitment to the process would indicate that a deal could be done. They just gave the impression that they couldn't be bothered. I bought my bike elsewhere in the end.

Any good recommendations for a servicing outfit close enough to the south side of Oxford? There are plenty of local firms 'Zoom' an dthe like that are getting good reputations locally but I want to make sure they know what to look out for with the specifics of a Ducati.
Old 16-05-2007, 10:23 AM   #20
katana

Seriously go back and have a chat with the service people.

They won't bite and usually are friendly and helpful.
Old 16-05-2007, 10:30 AM   #21
fatbloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEJM View Post
Any good recommendations for a servicing outfit close enough to the south side of Oxford? There are plenty of local firms 'Zoom' an dthe like that are getting good reputations locally but I want to make sure they know what to look out for with the specifics of a Ducati.

Try Dave Wood
He's done loads of Ducati's including mine and many other UKMOC members.
DWR
Aylesbury
Bucks
01296 336750
www.davewoodracing.com
Old 17-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #22
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by katana View Post
Seriously go back and have a chat with the service people.

They won't bite and usually are friendly and helpful.
I think you'll have a hard job convicing people now. A case of once bitten twice shy and I can speak from personal (expensive) OYB experience.

DWR at Aylesbury also get's my vote

Top customer service, good prices and quality of work
Old 16-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #23
Combatxe2

Just to add to this little rant about Ducati Aylesbury. phoned them 2 weeks ago to ask about hypermotard had a good chat with a salesman there. took my details and said he'd phone when they are in so i can get a demo.

Sure enough he phones me 2 days ago to say they are in and im booked to have a demo. set off this morning from milton keynes to aylesbury in the rain, i ride all year so no issue with the weather.

arrive at ducati aylesbury find said sales man, all ready for a blast on this machine, only to be told they dont allow there bikes out in the rain and there is a £25 fee to test ride the bike only refundable if you sign a deal up with them.

now to me thats really pants, no mention in the phone calls that they do not allow "wet test rides" also not one word about the £25 fee for test ride.

am i just being a spoilt kid here but not allowing you out in the rain is a bit crap isnt it??????.
Old 16-06-2007, 08:09 PM   #24
Scotty

is it true that everyone at dwr is called dave ?
Old 16-06-2007, 08:15 PM   #25
crust
rattles when he walks

Bike: M900
Give Motorapido a ring and ask about a test ride

I've seen Wilf hand over the key to a few bikes and never a mention of a fee.

He let my mate ride the 1098 in the wet the first day they had it in.

They are total Ducati enthusiasts who will go the extra mile for you.

Crust
crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2007, 08:50 PM   #26
David Matthews

Bike: S2r 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatxe2 View Post
Just to add to this little rant about Ducati Aylesbury. phoned them 2 weeks ago to ask about hypermotard had a good chat with a salesman there. took my details and said he'd phone when they are in so i can get a dem

arrive at ducati aylesbury find said sales man, all ready for a blast on this machine, only to be told they dont allow there bikes out in the rain and there is a £25 fee to test ride the bike only refundable if you sign a deal up with them.

now to me thats really pants, no mention in the phone calls that they do not allow "wet test rides" also not one word about the £25 fee for test ride.

am i just being a spoilt kid here but not allowing you out in the rain is a bit crap isnt it??????.
I called in at Ducati Aylesbury the other day and was surprised to see the £25 fee for a test ride. They also have a £1000 excess in the case of an accident.

A mate of mine booked a test ride with 3Cross Motorcycles last year, I went along and was just going to wait around while he was out. They actually came over and offered for me to go along on their S2R demonstrator.

When my bike was recently in for service they provided a bike to go for a spin while I waited. A bit different from Aylesbury Ducati
David Matthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2007, 10:25 PM   #27
Combatxe2

Cheers guys ill try 3cross and Motorapido a try maybe they will be a bit more user friendly.

Mark
Old 17-06-2007, 12:32 AM   #28
damon

i feel this post is a little pointless as ive already heard all the bad parts about Ducati Aylesbury but i have to say my bit.

i bought my bike off them and i LOVE IT,,,,always have and always will,,,,,,,,but alfie bless him tried to make sure everything went smoothly but i cant say it worked.

They try 'just enough', no more no less and that quite frankly gets on my t!ts,,,,,,,enough said i think!
Old 17-06-2007, 12:43 PM   #29
The Kevlar Kid

I've only used them for parts (I buy all my bikes private / used and do all my own mechanical work) but I've always found them really helpful - both on the parts side and the service side have been helpful for advice as well.

The people in the clothing side are dead helpful too - got my last set of leathers and some other bits from there too.
Old 25-06-2007, 12:24 PM   #30
bike-bloke

Ducati Aylesbury

Depends who you listen to, but generally the news is not good (poor customer service typical of larger profit oriented set-up). I have also heard that they are up for sale which does not appear to be a good sign. I have to say I have not used them myself for this reason, and would suggest you stick to a smaller local dealer where the level of service is likely to be better.