UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » New Generation vs Old Generation Monsters

Old 04-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #61
Pomp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossifumi View Post
The orginal Monster is a never to be repeated classic ala 916 and will never hit the senses with the same impact.

The designer...a certain Mr Miguel Angel Galluzzi (born Buenos Aires 1959) styled the Original Monster and i like his work so much,i'm about to buy a Aprilia Dorsoduro to replace my Hornet so you could say i'm a fan

He is now a Aprilia employee and working in the design centre.

Anyone else own a Mk1 Monster and Dorsoduro out of interest???
No but I have a Husqvarna SMR, another work of Galluzzi..
Old 04-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #62
Pomp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdway View Post
Err, I wasn't suggesting otherwise, just adding to the info really because the new designer has definitely made some modest but important improvements IMO.
More to the point, I would have loved to see what Tamburini would have done, seen that they've only rounded off a 10 years old design IMO, without any major changes( regardless of the PR blurb). Oh, and waiting to see what the 675 and new Brutale will look like.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:40 PM   #63
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Looks like LeMarsu has stirred up a bit of a hornets nest? I could be very naughty and chuck the watercooled vs aircooled factor into the mix... but I won't Nice to see this many people care so much about the bikes they ride. History tells us the monster wasn't really designed to be 'beautiful' in the first place. Miguel Angel Galluzzi may have created a classic design icon in the original M900, but it was basically a parts bin special. It might have been a bit freaky to look at (hence the monster tag), but it sold like hot cakes and saved Ducati from financial ruin.

If I had to pick my top monster it'll be from around Y2K, and 750-900 capacity. Preferably an injected engine, decent (for Ducati) electrics and IMO would have best blend of styling and all round practicality. I also have a soft spot for the S2R in both 800 & 1000cc versions

Last edited by gary tompkins; 05-03-2010 at 07:51 PM..
gary tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #64
BluprintZ

I think i was spoilt when i bought my`98 M900.
It always seems that the next generation isn't always better than the original.
The Z1000 for instance, i never liked the Z1000 mk11, the tank was coffin shaped so the smooth styling of the original was lost.
Same with the GS750/1000's, they then morphed into the GSX's, which i never really fancied owning.
Everyone is different in their style preferences, it's all a matter of taste innit?

G ; )
Old 05-03-2010, 11:45 PM   #65
He11cat

arghhh the real GS ... Suzuki !!!
I fell in love with a GS550E back in the early 90's...still want one.. fond memories of that bike and a fun summer..

Not them bleedin BMW fugleys!!...