UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Ear Plugs

Old 04-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #46
cairojay

This debate is brilliant - I have been laughing all day largely because it winds people up so much, which I love, when people get cross and then get the soap boxes out; I bet if we were all in a pub the landlord (John Smith's stylie) would throw us all out for making a racket. Get the DB meter - "You're barred, get out!"
Old 04-06-2009, 05:42 PM   #47
LouSCannon
These must fit a Monster?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I'm known to be quite straight forward and honest, and as such I like loud cans as I like the noise and have little or no consideration for those that don't. Couldn't give a rats arse if you like it or don't and safety is a nice bonus.

Not going to pretend otherwise.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #48
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
on a brighter note, i had my ears tested at work, and they found that my right ear is slightly deafer than my left one.
I ride a bike, does it mean that my carbs need balancing?
________
FIX PS3

Last edited by uksurfer; 01-04-2011 at 12:48 AM..
uksurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #49
S4Rs-Tone

Quote:
Originally Posted by louscannon View Post
i'm Known To Be Quite Straight Forward And Honest, And As Such I Like Loud Cans As I Like The Noise And Have Little Or No Consideration For Those That Don't. Couldn't Give A Rats Arse If You Like It Or Don't And Safety Is A Nice Bonus.

Not Going To Pretend Otherwise.
Exactly !!!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #50
Black Bob

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
....I must admit Clive looks pretty sinister when he has his blacked out visor, black leathers, then takes the lid off and there's three days of stubble and the pony tail but it's great watching people hesitate when he opens a door for them and is super polite. It completely flummoxes them. If we're as considerate as possible most of the time we'd perhaps get less aggro then we can tear up the countryside occasionally and people won't complain so much!
Hear, bloody hear! I like that attitude.

Ooops, did I just accidentally pun ?

Bob.
Black Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #51
chris yeatman
I still have the s4r!

Bike: S4r
if ya dont like noise, buy a push bike.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:38 PM   #52
chris yeatman
I still have the s4r!

Bike: S4r
Quote:
Originally Posted by uksurfer View Post
on a brighter note, i had my ears tested at work, and they found that my right ear is slightly deafer than my left one.
I ride a bike, does it mean that my carbs need balancing?

sorry, wot did u say? gone deaf. lol
Old 04-06-2009, 10:14 PM   #53
gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bob View Post
Hear, bloody hear! I like that attitude.

Ooops, did I just accidentally pun ?

Bob.
Sorry didn't quite catch that
Old 05-06-2009, 07:16 AM   #54
AndyG

This thread does show how inconsiderate a lot of Ducati riders are, ' i like the noise and don't care about anybody else' unfortunately this a attitude which prevails today and people actually seem to think its 'big and grown up' to have no respect for others.
Noise pollution is a issue is all areas, even at racing tracks noise levels are been introduced as many are having to succumb to local pressure groups.

If you lived next to a noisy neighbour i suspect most would complain, BUT riding outside somebodies house is OK!. Unfortunately most riders find the perfect road and ride it at weekends, along with many many others, try living on that road and I suspect , you, your wife and children would not worship the noisy can quite as much.

Anybody want to go out for a quite ride this weekend ?
Old 05-06-2009, 07:40 AM   #55
Gilps

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
This thread does show how inconsiderate a lot of Ducati riders are, ' i like the noise and don't care about anybody else' unfortunately this a attitude which prevails today and people actually seem to think its 'big and grown up' to have no respect for others.
Noise pollution is a issue is all areas, even at racing tracks noise levels are been introduced as many are having to succumb to local pressure groups.

If you lived next to a noisy neighbour i suspect most would complain, BUT riding outside somebodies house is OK!. Unfortunately most riders find the perfect road and ride it at weekends, along with many many others, try living on that road and I suspect , you, your wife and children would not worship the noisy can quite as much.

Anybody want to go out for a quite ride this weekend ?
I hear what you are saying. You make some good and valid points there.

But I just don't care. Go for a quiet ride? Thanks but no thanks. I'm off to annoy the world with my noisy but lovely sounding cans.

Not all noise is noise polution. I bet the London Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra go over 105db occasionally. Not my cup of tea, but live and let live.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #56
LouSCannon

No Andy, I personally see it as a much bigger issue. There's many many things in this world that other people do which I find inconsiderate and either offend or disagree with my opinions. However I'm also aware this is a very big world with an infinite variety of personalities and views.

On a daily basis something is likely to slightly annoy or inconvenience me, lorries over taking, kids being drunk down the street, lack of observation on the road, spam emails, politicians taking the ****, big brother back on TV... I could go on and on.

Now if I were to take serious issue with even a small part of my daily list I would never ever get anything done. If everyone had such a view the human race would degrade out of control with each individual person thinking their view is right and most important.

As such I don't take serious issue, I live my life well and now and again I do what I want to do, as I know that if I didn't I'd lead a very miserable life spending all my time complaining about everyone else.

In the name of balance some people have to live and let live, it's part of what makes up the glorious tapestry and variety of life. Me and my loud exhausts which might inconvenience someone for a matter of seconds really REALLY shouldn't be such an important part of anyone's life.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #57
LouSCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilps View Post
Not my cup of tea, but live and let live.

Exactly!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #58
gremlin

Well I do have noisy neighbours who have dogs that bark constantly for anything up to 6 hours at a stretch day and night without drawing breath it seems, and yes I've complained. That isn't the same as the odd weekend at a race track or the weekly bike meet night. I go out of my way to be reasonable and live by the "do what you will and it harm no other" philosophy, by those rules my neighbours don't complain about my cans because I'm generally a good neighbour and try to be helpful. Everyone complains about next door because she is inconsiderate, selfish and will do anything to get her own way even if it destroys other peoples property in the process. She is the first to kick off if something isn't to her liking while the rest of us just get on with it. The problem as I see it there are too many people in the world like my neighbour, out only for themselves and sod everyone else, they can cause havoc to other peoples lives but that's ok, everything is all right in their little world. If there was a bit more reasonableness (if thats a word!) life would be so much easier, people wouldn't complain about meetings because lets face it it's only once a week/month we can do something away from home while the race meet's on or put some music on to lessen the noise. Bikes going past isn't a constant every two seconds of every hour of every day, there are plenty more hours in the day when it's peaceful, so lets enjoy those hours rather than getting stewed up about the few when it's noisy. Life's too short for stressing about minor things there are far worse things out there.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:41 PM   #59
Black Bob

Bike: M1100evo
And just to round off....

Walking across Cornhill in Central London this morning at about 9:15 with some Average White Band blaring away in my ear-canal / noise blocking headphones, I was alerted to the imminent passing of a Ducati Monster courtesy of its twin high-level Termi's. ( reg# beginning with "v2", blue visor... etc, I won't put any more details, but if you're reading this, I salute you.)

All I can say is, I heard it, I *felt* it, and I thought "yes, definitely a good thing to have in the city".

Cheers,
Bob.
Black Bob is offline   Reply With Quote