UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » O2 sensor eliminators fitted

Old 31-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #31
vegnomeat

Neilo, your bike came out of the factory much better than ours, and I'm thinking your sprocket has made a big difference.

Does your bike have abs? Ducati don't list a sprocket for mine as they say it effects the abs. Strange

Regards

Veggie
Old 03-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #32
neilo

Yep, it has the safety pack (ABS + DTC), same as yours. Changing the gearing has absolutely no effect on the functionality of the safety pack as speed is measured by the rear wheel sensor as opposed to a sensor near either of the sprockets. I've checked, and both my ABS and DTC work just fine...never had a blip. Haven't a clue why Ducati don't list alternative sprockets for the bike, although a 14T front sprocket makes the chain rub against the plastic chain guide a little too much for my liking... So for me, changing the gearing would definitely mean changing the rear sprocket + a longer chain too, which is probably why Ducati don't offer this...

My rear sprocket came off a S4R (with 43T) - which can be a very costly part, but provided you get a longer chain (up to 4 links more), you can get up to a 42T rear sprocket (to use with a sprocket adapter). Or, convert to a 520 chain and then you can go up to 44T. JT sprockets do all the variants I talk of...
Old 03-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #33
mike hunt

Would this sensor fit an 09 1100s? Cant seem to find any on ebay.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #34
neilo

You could always ask the guys who sells them on eBay if it'll fit...
Old 11-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #35
wezrvf

I have mine on order and would be interested in hearing how you guys have got on after a bit of time with the eliminators fitted ???
Old 12-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #36
Black Bob

Bike: M1100evo
I'm still happy as a pig in ****. Very occasionally my engine warning light comes on, but the bike runs just fine. WAY better than before. Real smooth. No noticeable change in fuel consumption either.

And it's totally reversible at any time.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #37
wezrvf

Brill. Still no sign of mine !!! COME ON !!!!
Old 16-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #38
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
Fitted mine yesterday. Noticed the difference at tickover straight away. Instead of sounding like its just about to stall all the time the tickover is much smoother. As far as riding goes the result is a wider useable rev range. Whereas before below 4000rpm was very lumpy with a very jerky throttle response that point in the rev range is now at 3000rpm, which makes riding, especially below 40mph that bit easier and smoother. For the first time ever I can actually ride at 30mph in 3rd gear. I'll see in the fulness of time what difference it makes to the fuel consumption, but as I don't do a lot of town riding I'm not expecting to see a marked difference.

I have no doubt that an ECU remap could probably improve things further, but for the price this appears to be a very cheap way of making a very noticeable improvement.

N.B. I have a 14T front sprocket fitted.
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #39
wezrvf

THEY HAVE BEEN DELIVERED!!!

Cant wait to fit them and try it out, OH and for the rain to stop !!!
Old 16-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #40
Black Bob

Bike: M1100evo
I'm still getting about 51mpg with these fitted.
Old 16-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #41
wezrvf

Really? did it increase when you fitted them. I am currently getting around 40-43 mpg pretty constant
Old 21-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #42
simontt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunEye View Post
Fitted mine yesterday. Noticed the difference at tickover straight away. Instead of sounding like its just about to stall all the time the tickover is much smoother. As far as riding goes the result is a wider useable rev range. Whereas before below 4000rpm was very lumpy with a very jerky throttle response that point in the rev range is now at 3000rpm, which makes riding, especially below 40mph that bit easier and smoother. For the first time ever I can actually ride at 30mph in 3rd gear. I'll see in the fulness of time what difference it makes to the fuel consumption, but as I don't do a lot of town riding I'm not expecting to see a marked difference.

I have no doubt that an ECU remap could probably improve things further, but for the price this appears to be a very cheap way of making a very noticeable improvement.

N.B. I have a 14T front sprocket fitted.
Got it fitted today (Big thanks to Qba), think Suneye's feedback exactly represented my pre/post experience, a noticeable improvement in low speed useability.

Made the wonder if it's something to do with the manner the bike was set up by supplying dealer before delivery (I bought from CMW Chichester and from memory so is yours?)
Old 21-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #43
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
I got my evo from Pro Twins. My M1100 before that came from CMW.

I did find that during the first 7,500 miles the bike ran more and more roughly and became increasingly hard to start. At the 7,500 mile service they found that the valve clearances were very tight. Immediately after the service the bike ran really smoothly, almost as smoothly as it does now with the O2 sensor eliminators fitted. The bike has now gone 11,000 miles and I suspect things aren't 100%. Luckily it's due for a service at the end of next month so it will be back to perfect again with the added extra perfectness of the O2 sensor eliminators.
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #44
Dandanfings

Just to add my thoughts.

My bike has only 200 miles and i commute in london so most of the time i am at low revs and i found the bike unusable and difficult to ride, with it jolting and snatching all the time.
Installed these and it completely and utterly transformed the bike, i cannot exaggerate enough its like a completely different machine between 2,000-4,000rpm.

Best mod i have ever done on a bike.

Damn the EU and its stupid emission regulations.
Old 30-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #45
Davidg1230

I've now had my 796 for several weeks and after a full week of commuting I can confirm I have similar issues with low speed smoothness. Riding in second gear and at around 25 - 30mph the bike is tricky to ride smoothly and feel I could benefit from either a 14t sprocket or maybe these eliminators?

Anyway, have decided to order some and will let other 796 riders know if they make a difference as they seem to have for 1100 riders.