UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Let the metamorphosis begin...Project Juan is GO!

Old 22-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #31
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Only to magpies!

Big **** off shiny legal loud pipes!

Welcome home from Finlandia. So much to tell you. I'll email!

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2008, 10:38 PM   #32
emily's driver
Full Metal Tea Bag

Bike: S4Rs
Well tomorrow sees the return of some of the major components of the bike and after the disappointment of the paintshop (new company now sourced for the work), I have been sorting through some of the many hundreds of nickel plated parts I have ready to go back on the bike tomorrow. Quite a number of powder coated parts are ready for collection in the morning and Saturday sees the return of the front forks, yokes and sprocket carrier which means the wheels can go back on. Once my spareshack order comes back then it is just the bodywork and I am done. In the interim wanted to organize the nickel plated parts into major groups to speed up reassembly. See if any of you can recognize where the various elements go. It is a bit of a jigsaw puzzle but I know my way around the bike well enough to know what goes where. More pics this weekend!

Old 25-01-2008, 06:39 AM   #33
Nonnie
Dipstick!

I even wake up to how obsessive you are dear.

Slightly concerned about your ocd tendencies.

Old 25-01-2008, 08:44 AM   #34
NattyBoy
Monsterless again for now

Bike: M900
Your organisation scares me rod. Whats wrong with some knackered plastic chinese takeaway bowls like the rest us use ?!

J cloths are the devils work by the way. If your ever down this way give me a shout and i'll sort you out with some pukka cloths that we supply to ducati corse ;>)
NattyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2008, 09:25 AM   #35
emily's driver
Full Metal Tea Bag

Bike: S4Rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyBoy View Post
Your organisation scares me rod. Whats wrong with some knackered plastic chinese takeaway bowls like the rest us use ?!

J cloths are the devils work by the way. If your ever down this way give me a shout and i'll sort you out with some pukka cloths that we supply to ducati corse ;>)
Organisation.....not really. I just take an extra five mins here and there to sort things out properly, as there are soooo many components off the bike at the moment, that it ends up making life much easier when it comes to figuring out what the hell went where. This lot normally lives in a used Persil tablet box, but there is method to my madness, in so far as I can reassemble all these parts in a matter of minutes rather than fishing through piles of stuff. I did rather ham things up a bit for the sake of the photos by laying things out symmetrically!

However, most jobs if done well are all down to the preparation. It's fair to say, I might have gone a bit overboard on that front, but if I didn't enjoy it so much I wouldn't do it. I will just let the end result of my hard work do all the talking as that I hope justifies it all. Until I upload the final pics all I will say is that the bike, judging by the quality of the work done to the various parts going back on and new components, is going to look fantastic, as well as the planned addition of one or two rather sneaky surprises. I will take you up on the pukka cloths offer though!
Old 25-01-2008, 11:01 AM   #36
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Oh my God...

Will the pukka cloths be going in the pukka cloths box marked pukka cloths for the use of storing pukka cloths only and all other cloths will be destroyed box?

And then filed alphabetically?

Under P for pukka?

Or C for cloths?

Old 25-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #37
benson

Under w for weird nonnie.....
Old 25-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #38
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Rod - this is not natural!
How can anyone be so organised?

Please will you come round to my house and organise my garage? It's so untidy I can't find my Hypermotard
Old 25-01-2008, 12:02 PM   #39
giler

[QUOTE=NattyBoy;239376)

J cloths are the devils work by the way. If your ever down this way give me a shout and i'll sort you out with some pukka cloths that we supply to ducati corse ;>)[/QUOTE]

Obsessive Cloth Disorder!!
Old 25-01-2008, 12:07 PM   #40
NattyBoy
Monsterless again for now

Bike: M900
You know what im like with the cleaning wayne ! Pub tonight BTW ?
NattyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #41
squiffything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonnie View Post
Oh my God...

Will the pukka cloths be going in the pukka cloths box marked pukka cloths for the use of storing pukka cloths only and all other cloths will be destroyed box?

And then filed alphabetically?

Under P for pukka?

Or C for cloths?
You girls!

I don't know that lovely man you call your husband is doing all this for you, obviously getting no self enjoyment out of it, slaving away to make for you the most wonderfully shiny bike and all you do is ridicule him. Well I think that's terrible and you don't deserve all he is doing for you.

Rod pack all the shiny bits into neat carefully labled boxes fly on round to my house put all the shiny bits onto my little beasty and know that all your hard work and maticulous efforts will not be wasted. Then take all the cruddy dirty bits from my bike and use them to put that nonnies bike back together again and let her have that.

As for you Ms Benson where has all that teacher instinct gone once you used to encourage all the children to do their best, to do things carefully, to tidy up after playtime. Now its ah go on get on with it and be damned. I just don't know what the world is coming to..........

Old 25-01-2008, 12:34 PM   #42
squiffything

Quote:
Originally Posted by singletrack View Post
Rod - this is not natural!
How can anyone be so organised?

Please will you come round to my house and organise my garage? It's so untidy I can't find my Hypermotard
Hee Hee Hee hmmm I wonder where it can have gone to

It's mine mine all mine whurhahaha
Old 25-01-2008, 02:33 PM   #43
Capo
You Are What You Is

Bike: S4r
Who wired that plug?
Capo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2008, 02:50 PM   #44
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
Who wired that plug?
That is so funny! When I saw the picture, I thought that someone would say something!

Obviously not Woddy! If Woddy had done it, it would probably be gold plated or something.

Squiffy, you know I love him to bits and he is insanely meticulous and I do appreciate him and I know Juan will look fantastic when he's done. Rod is at this moment putting my rearsets together and having fun with ballbearings flying around the kitchen. Every man needs a hobby and every girl has friends to go down the pub with!

Old 25-01-2008, 06:02 PM   #45
neilbaldry

we all have a disorder! we are Ducati owners!