UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Fuels & Oils » fuel light

Old 15-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #31
granite785

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris yeatman View Post
i was just wondering when the fuel light comes on, how many miles can u get out of the bike before it will run out.
I found out how many miles my 695 will do once the light comes on...13.1 I was even trying to get another mile out of it as the petrol station wasn't far away.

Tank did a total of 117, good job my wife could bring me some fuel as I was at the bottom of a hill and didn't want to try and push it to the petrol station.

Then it rained whilst I was waiting. Leathers not good in the rain

My 30 minute journey took 90 minutes altogether, what a muppet. I won't be doing that again.
Old 15-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #32
Scootaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by granite785 View Post
I found out how many miles my 695 will do once the light comes on...13.1 I was even trying to get another mile out of it as the petrol station wasn't far away.

Tank did a total of 117, good job my wife could bring me some fuel as I was at the bottom of a hill and didn't want to try and push it to the petrol station.

Then it rained whilst I was waiting. Leathers not good in the rain

My 30 minute journey took 90 minutes altogether, what a muppet. I won't be doing that again.
I've taken mine to 18 miles post light before filling up, and still usually have room for 2 litres-ish in there (though not sure if the bike being on the stand affects this)

I might be more careful in future...
Old 15-09-2009, 10:15 PM   #33
aceg3905

im so glad of this thread, ive ran out of fuel on my monster but no fuel light, nothing nada just died on me. funny thing was id been having issues with the battery and starting so i thought it was that, pushed to a nice local car garage who let me borrow there battery booster, oh how they laughed when I realised there was no fuel in the tank....

now i never risk it, always fill up after any big ride
Old 18-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #34
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
I managed 24 miles last night. I was trying to reach a Shell garage (to get my loyalty points! ), passed 3 or 4 BP garages, then ran out.

I had to push 1.3 miles (yes, I checked it on google maps) from Catford down towards Bromley... and where did I end up... another BP garage so STILL didn't get any loyalty points!!! grrrr

Lesson leant!
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2009, 06:58 AM   #35
chris yeatman
I still have the s4r!

Bike: S4r
may be bp should start doing them aswell.
Old 19-09-2009, 07:52 AM   #36
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
Thought I had more left. Usually get about 100 miles to £10, and have done about 120 ish, so thought (with a 14 litre tank) I had about 2 litres left.

Only managed to get 12.75 litres in, so there was enough in the tank to get me home. Must be the feed location from the tank...
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #37
Rich750Dark

Don't you still get nectar points from BP? Have to confess, i've swapped to shell as i find them as cheap, sometimes even cheaper than the supermarkets which is normally considerably less than BP. Never tried to push the mileage once on the light but did get 13 nerve racking miles before finding a sainsbury's (ok, i was desperate) to fill up at.
Old 22-09-2009, 05:05 PM   #38
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
I still don't know as I'm getting about 130 - 140 miles on 11 litres and the lights not come on yet. I do winder if it' working LOL Before anyone asks the ansers no, my happy speed most of the time is 80
My IE would do about 30 once the light came on.. If you were careful. The only time I ran out it had done 24 miles with the nearest garage about 100 yds away on the other side of a busy dual carraigeway in the middle of the morning commute.