UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » Trackdays » Who's up for a Trackday this year ???

Old 18-01-2010, 09:13 PM   #31
Liz
Co-ordination

Bike: S2r
Me, me, me, somehow, somewhere, I'm gonna do it on the 'baby'!
Old 18-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #32
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilps View Post
The Monster's going nowhere near a track. I can't afford to damage it. I sold the track bike as I had decided not to do track days any more, and now I'm missing the buzz of track riding.
FWIW I agree. I did the UKMOC trackday at Mallory on my S4R and although I enjoyed it to a point, there was a palpable sense of relief at the end of each session when I returned to the pits in one piece.

Just a thought. If anyone has a track bike they are not precious about, perhaps they could rent it to a member for some of the sessions when they are not using it. It may even pay for their trackday!
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 09:28 PM   #33
Stafford
P3, nice.

Bike: S2r 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredduke View Post
FWIW I agree. I did the UKMOC trackday at Mallory on my S4R and although I enjoyed it to a point, there was a palpable sense of relief at the end of each session when I returned to the pits in one piece.

Just a thought. If anyone has a track bike they are not precious about, perhaps they could rent it to a member for some of the sessions when they are not using it. It may even pay for their trackday!
I know what you mean Paul, I did try on the Monster but nowhere near as hard on the 888 last year. But as for lending out your bike (see Jasper on the 888 forum) as Slob once said to me when I offered a spin on mine "If you can't afford to buy it, don't ride it", well something like that. Go on J.P organise another.

The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 09:33 PM   #34
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
i think i'll decline this one, just in case!
Old 18-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #35
Liz
Co-ordination

Bike: S2r
What is the matter with you lot? I'm gonna do a track day on my cheap, little M600. It is as special to me as any of your 'expensive' bikes, I would be as devastated binning my 'baby' - it's not the cost, it's the emotion.

And if you can't feel the emotion, you shoudn't be riding a bike!
Old 19-01-2010, 06:29 AM   #36
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz_62 View Post
What is the matter with you lot? I'm gonna do a track day on my cheap, little M600. It is as special to me as any of your 'expensive' bikes, I would be as devastated binning my 'baby' - it's not the cost, it's the emotion.

And if you can't feel the emotion, you shoudn't be riding a bike!
Can't afford it
Old 19-01-2010, 06:44 AM   #37
Mand

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDL View Post
Hi Mand, yes that is me at Oulton on a very wet and greasy track. Wasn't me yesterday though the bike's not been out of the garage for a month. I need to get it out this week though and prep it for Angelsey and also test out my new GoPro Wide camera.
Wet and greasy track? It must have been summer time then. I quite fancy taking the Monster around Oulton Park, but then again I quite fancy doing that rallying course they do too. Enjoy yourself at Anglesey.
Old 19-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #38
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stafford View Post
I know what you mean Paul, I did try on the Monster but nowhere near as hard on the 888 last year. But as for lending out your bike (see Jasper on the 888 forum) as Slob once said to me when I offered a spin on mine "If you can't afford to buy it, don't ride it", well something like that. Go on J.P organise another.
Oh yes, I know all about the 888 incident at Cadwell last year. I was there and it happened right in front of me. Ironically it was an instructor who didn't actually manage to ride it upright on any of the track, he lost it on the short approach from the pits. Big handful of throttle & cold tyres - a deadly combination. It was a superb example of an 888.

No, I wouldn't want to take a bike of that calibre out at all. I was thinking more of a bit of an old nail that the owner would not be too upset if it suffered a scrape or two, subject to it being repaired by the borrower.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #39
giler

Quote:
No, I wouldn't want to take a bike of that calibre out at all. I was thinking more of a bit of an old nail that the owner would not be too upset if it suffered a scrape or two, subject to it being repaired by the borrower.
Which one of your is he calling an old nail Staffs, hey?
Old 19-01-2010, 01:41 PM   #40
Gilps

Quote:
Oh yes, I know all about the 888 incident at Cadwell last year. I was there and it happened right in front of me. Ironically it was an instructor who didn't actually manage to ride it upright on any of the track, he lost it on the short approach from the pits. Big handful of throttle & cold tyres - a deadly combination. It was a superb example of an 888.
An excellent piece of muppetry. In his defence he did pay for it to be put right though.
Old 19-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #41
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=36171

Take your pick Boys.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote