UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » BIKE magazine owns a Monster

Old 29-03-2015, 12:59 PM   #31
Flip

Bike: M900
Apologies I kind of lost this thread before I'd replied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
What you have there Flip is an original DP (before it was known as DP) header made by Gia.Co.Moto, that was pre spaghetti style, not as efficient but set up with the right cans the pulses out of that will burst eardrums

Gia were eventually bought out by Ducati and became Ducati Performance
Always a mine of information- thank you Kato.
I plan to get the bike on a dyno after I've fitted them and compare to my current set up to see if there is a difference (other than volume) but what are your thoughts on them?
I have read they release a dollop of torque in the mid-range when coupled with the usual jet kit, open air box and race cans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
I'm assuming there is no flow at all between the two headers on your system, ie you now have two entirely separate exhaust systems for each cylinder, rather than having each cyl sharing both cans, as in the std set up.
There is a small joining link on the underside where the pipes meet, presumably to balance the pulses out a little.

I'll take a couple more photos of it when it is fitted and report back on how it sounds and 'feels'.

As these things are getting rarer for the older 900's I spoke to the chaps that made the exhaust for my little race bike about replicating it if anyone is interested?
They would be in stainless steel with either a polished or brushed (Scotchbrite) finish and they reckon about £400

Last edited by Flip; 29-03-2015 at 01:51 PM..
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 08:45 PM   #32
Flip

Bike: M900
Just popping this to the top as it seems to have got buried more interested in Kato's thoughts on the workings of my pre-DP pipes as much as anything but if anyone is interested in a set then let me know and I can start the ball rolling.