UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Monster round 2!

Old 17-05-2011, 08:36 PM   #31
rac3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidg1230 View Post
Nice bike, just like mine, red, white wheels but with nicer cans

Mines arriving on Thursday, compared to previous monsters, how does the ride compare, or have you not taken it out yet?
So far I've only done dual carriageway and some town riding and compared to my 620 I find it revs a lot quicker and you can feel the power difference, as in you don't have to go up and down the gearbox as much. Brakes or okay but yeah it's been quite fun so far compared to the ZX6 I just sold

Once it's serviced I can take it on a proper ride

Good luck with yours and make sure post some pics!
Old 17-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #32
Davidg1230

As others have already said, it'll be interesting on how easy it is to live with the white wheels on a daily use?

Besides the cans, yours looks quite stock? Are you a keen modder? I'll probably keep mine mostly stock, mainly due to lack of funds, but also I like the way it looks now and I'm keeping one eye on resale in a few years time.

I'll also try and keep the bike off the road when the weather gets bad

Good luck with the rest of the servicing and getting it fit for the road...those wheels are looking dirty already
Old 17-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #33
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidg1230 View Post
As others have already said, it'll be interesting on how easy it is to live with the white wheels on a daily use?
They don't, end of story!!

Wurth dry chain lube helps as it doesn't splatter, but you need regular cleaning. I clean mine, cover it up for a week, take the cover off and they're dirty again!! And I'm not exaggerating in the slightest.

But when they are clean and sparkly... ooooohhh yeaaaahh!
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #34
rac3r

As said the white wheels look good but will get dirty just by looking at them Mine have a few small marks here and there because of the mileage but I think if you clean them well once then wipe them down after every ride it makes it a little tiny bit easier

Mods wise yeah I probably will do stuff once I save up a bit of money, I try to resist but it never works
Old 17-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #35
the_adam

Might be a little late, but congratulations on the new bike! Those white wheels will be a bit interesting though... guess you could modify a scotoiler to spray onto the rims instead and fill it up with whitewash?
Old 18-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #36
Davidg1230

As a matter of interest, when did the S2R change from white wheels to black? or is this the 1000cc model?

My neighbour has an 05 S2R, but with black wheels?

Did the range run from 2005 to 2007 for both 800 and 1000?
Old 18-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #37
steeevvvooo

Not sure if there was a specific change or if there was a choice? Mine is an 06 S2R 1000 with white wheels.

To be honest, I winge and complain when they're dirty, but when clean, they really set the bike off imho
Old 18-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #38
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
There wasn't a choice. In 2005 red S2Rs came with white wheels, black or yellow ones came with black wheels. A 2005 red S2R will only have black wheels if they have been changed or painted since.
During 2006 or 2007 I think there might have been was a change to black wheels for all.
Old 18-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #39
Davidg1230

I've just checked on the Ducati site and it did indeed change from white to black wheels on the Red/White stripe 800cc S2R in 2007. Obviously they did have black wheels on the other colours and the S2R dark during 2006 & 2005.

White wheels was only available for the red/white stripe S2R during 2005 and 2006; for 2007 it went to black wheels only

Last edited by Davidg1230; 18-05-2011 at 12:42 PM..
Old 18-05-2011, 02:07 PM   #40
rac3r

Just had the service done, they sorted the idle as well and runs smooothe so thumbs up to Daytona!

BUT they found something a little odd. The tank sits a little too far forward, enough so the catch doesn't come off and a little to the right so the rubber mount is slightly off. We're talking mm's here. They had another S2R in the shop so they were measuring all sorts of things and they couldn't find anything. If you moved the tank back it wouldn't line up with the pivot hole and the seat wouldn't fit, everything was perfect but my bike for some reason is a couple mm shorter or has a bigger tank

I have to go back next week for chain and sprockets too!

Apart from that all is well
Old 18-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #41
Gordon H

I've come across the different tank size issue before - couldn't get the rubber mounts to sit on the frame so.........

Take the rubbers off and put a rubber grommet between the rubber and the tank then do up the bolts - but don't wind them in tight, just enough to hold them in place.

The grommets will then give you a few mm play which should allow the tank to sit on the frame while covering any exposed threaded section of the bolt.......
Old 18-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #42
sburrows87

Check this out rac3r

http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/in...?topic=43639.0
Old 18-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #43
rac3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by sburrows87 View Post
That's it!

Ah well I'm not too bothered about it, I can tell the guys at Daytona now what it was because he was really confused and all the others kept taking the p*** saying I'd bought a bent bike
Old 18-05-2011, 07:23 PM   #44
steeevvvooo

yes, I've read that before. I thought it was't a real problem in this country yet, but might be starting...
Old 18-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #45
rac3r

I'm not too bothered as long as it doesn't give problems but do you think Ducati would give me a new one?