UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello from Kingston

Old 16-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #16
Rich V

Cool, going to start with the end cans first, obviously wanted termi's but they are just too pricey! Have been stalking ebay for the last week but they are few and far between and not that much cheaper than new! Seen some very dodgy cheap non branded ones from China that I am tempted in but for £160 I cant see it being that good for the engine!
Old 16-09-2011, 12:58 PM   #17
LVC
The Loire Valley Monster

Bike: S4
Bienvenu parmi nous Rich.

As long as the 750 K8 was not black I won't be jealous - I'm planning on adding one to my collection next year - should've kept her mate and just added the Monster as well, best of both worlds.
Old 16-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #18
Rich V

Ha ha LVC, no it was blue and white! I needed to slow down, I was getting far too comfortable at high speeds - cruising at 150+ when I have a new born son is taking the p*ss a bit! It really was a great bike and a very reluctant sale but time to move on Its only been a week and I'm missing her already but I have to give points to Ducati for the Monster - its a hell of a bike!
Old 18-09-2011, 11:52 AM   #19
The Red Devil

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich V View Post
Hi Guys, just stumbled accross this site and thought it'd be rude if I didnt join up and say hello!
Just got rid of my GSXR 750 K8 and picked up a 2009 Monster 1100, only ever had sport bikes before and fancied a change, so far I'm very impressed although missed my fairing when I rode to Tenby and back on Sunday! Still a lot more comfortable than the gixxer!
Hopefully will be able to meet up for rides / trackdays etc in the near future!

Rich V
Hi Mate welcome to the club(am a newbie too).... I bought my monster to keep my speeds lower too.... Im just up the road from you.. near Epsom!
Old 19-09-2011, 07:14 AM   #20
Rich V

Hi RD, sounds like we have a couple of things in common!! You impressed with your evo? I'm slowly starting to bond with my monster but it is a strange beast compared to other bikes isnt it?! Hopefully catch up with you down Box Hill at some point!
Old 19-09-2011, 07:34 AM   #21
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P View Post
And if you want to ask someone about cosmetic changes to the 1100, you can't go wrong with asking Albie on here.
Thanks dude

Welcome to the club . There is another member in Kingston by the name of Kato who is very very knowledgable in Monsters but he hates the new ones. Hopefully he will put that aside and give you a welcome. He is a very nice man with a passion for classique monster. Oh and he also hates Diavels and Rossi

Yes I think I have a very nice M1100

Oh and I help make and sell calendars for the club. Orders taken later this week after I rest from belgium.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #22
Rich V

Hey Albie, lol re Diavels & Rossi! I'm sure I'll bump into him at box hill at some point!

Have you got any pics of yours - I'm after some insperation
Old 19-09-2011, 07:23 PM   #23
The Red Devil

Quote:
Hi RD, sounds like we have a couple of things in common!! You impressed with your evo? I'm slowly starting to bond with my monster but it is a strange beast compared to other bikes isnt it?! Hopefully catch up with you down Box Hill at some point!
Monster takes a lot of adjustment to riding style.... i know how Rossi feels.. lol
let me know when you will be at box hill mate... you will pass my house on the way there!!
Old 19-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #24
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Hey Albie, lol re Diavels & Rossi! I'm sure I'll bump into him at box hill at some point!

Have you got any pics of yours - I'm after some insperation
Yesterday in Belgium I took this. Its a trend of mine when there. Its minus the DP Carbon mono seat though.

Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #25
Rich V

RD, I'll give you a shout, dont get chance that often but make an effort once in a while - I work in Leatherhead so have a habbit of blasting down there on my lunchbreak!

Albie - I'm liking the subtle mods, I was thinking about putting an open clutch cover on but am a bit worried about grit and genral crap getting in and damaging the clutch, I take it it's not a problem? I have to get termi's first though - soooo expensive though!! The bike came with a few mods which is a nice change from standard: R&G bungs, tail tidy, carbon ream fender and a few other carbon bits here and there, I might lose the mini fairing at the front and get some nice bar end mirrors... but not before the termi's