UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » An Oily Hello

Old 14-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #16
BluprintZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oily Fingers View Post
woooo just picked it!!!!!!!! awsome bike to ride!!!! i'll get some pictures up tomorow.
Newbie question -- Whats the difference between the normal monster and the info-strarder? i ask as mines got the info strader sticker on the tank.
Welcome fingers.

Just take it easy on the 750 mate, i think you'll find it slightly quicker than the Bantam, although if it's the 14/4, then you should have known better, i don't know of anyone who hasn't had problems with that model, they were crap when they were new!

As for the difference between the normal monster and the info-strarder, haven't a clue but i know some people who have, they should be along any minute.

George.
Old 14-02-2009, 11:50 PM   #17
Pomp1

not sure. Info-strada is an italian mobile/internet company (used to be called wind) they were Ducati sponsor few years back ( Bayliss 2001???) so it must be either some LE or just a sticker. Either ways congratulations on the new bike. Like it, do you?
Old 15-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #18
PETE.AKO

M750

Hi oily
I live in Melton Mowbray,its a nice run to the seaside from Melton
past my test on 14/4 some time ago.?
I have a 2000 M750 had it just over a year now nice bike all be it a little different? the motor ice's up in the cold ,so use profst, also only in the cold the front cylinder oils the plug always carry a spare plug,but if your's has carb heaters you should be OK.
I have had the air filter cut K&N filter Reamus cans dyno jetted to 144s
the motor puts out 62bhp at 6200rpm 120mph top speed and still i have
60mpg the best bit is the Ducati will keep larger cc bikes behind me on twisty roads and the best thing is the sound its just so so gooood
I have done 5000 miles and put a new set of Dunlop Qualifiers they were
on the bike when i got it they were no trouble so i put the same on
I hope you get on OK ,have fun ,and let the bike warm up before you start
to play??
Old 15-02-2009, 01:54 PM   #19
Oily Fingers

cool tips there pete.ako!! whats profrst?? i havent heard of it before.

I managed to get some pics today, just before it started to spit a few drops of rain. Not many i know but more we come when i go out for rides with me dad.
The bike aint 100% perfect but not far off for a P-reg. Once i've done a few touches to it it'll be awsome.

i found this pokeing out from the seat as well. duno what it is but i aint got anythign to plug into it lol in the pape work i got theres something about a Datatool electronic thing :s.

Old 15-02-2009, 02:18 PM   #20
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Looks like a nice clean, fairly standard early 750 and I've always liked silver. The fairing is not an original Ducati version but pretty close, and has been colour matched. It also has accessory mirrors & mini indicators but other wise original. Do you have a matching seat cowl - think it should have been standard that year? If not a second hand one could be painted to match fairly cheaply.

The plug may be for a battery charger - trace the leads back to see where they go?
Old 15-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #21
PETE.AKO

A very nice bike,Pro FST is a fuel system treatment made by Silkolene to help stop icing in the carbs i find it works well
If you Email me i will send some pictures of my bike