UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Regions :. » Region Announcements » Norfolk » The Great UKMOC Vicars Tea Party. 12th June

Old 31-05-2016, 08:54 PM   #16
RossObey01

The Mrs is asking what time we expect to be arriving at the Vicarage, any ideas?
Old 31-05-2016, 09:10 PM   #17
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Well the run will be just under an hour and a half...It is probably just over that to drive from Lynn. Given that we might push off a little after 12noon from Mildenhall we should expect to arrive at around 1.30pm.

Best bet is to give Mrs Obey a bell when things look like ready for the off and we should meet about the same time.?
Old 05-06-2016, 09:49 AM   #18
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

The gardens will be looking good after all this rain...Hopefuly bathing in nice sunshine too...The forecast is promising for the 12th.

I did some of the run route yesterday on the way home from Duxford...Rather more dual carriageway than I would have liked! But a few roundabouts for entertainment at the Thetford end..It gets better as it goes though.. Some of Norfolks finest, including humpback bridges with bends on the top...

The last few miles are on a meandering single track road, so we can arrive quietly, all chilled out for a relaxing afternoon...

Looking forward to seeing you all.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:26 AM   #19
RossObey01

Fingers crossed for the weather, my forecast says chance of showers but temperature is still looking good. If the weather does hold out I'll be riding back to Devon later in the afternoon.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:32 AM   #20
sapone cremoso

I'll pop along if i don't drink too much saturday
Old 11-06-2016, 04:50 PM   #21
RossObey01

Whats everyone's thoughts on tomorrow, chance of showers but shouldn't be too bad?
Old 11-06-2016, 05:25 PM   #22
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Yeah.. There is a chance of a shower or two drifting in off the Sea in the late afternoon, but we can keep an eye on the radar for those.

I splashed out on some new waterproof clothing at Tinklers last week...Unfortunately it was all caught on CCTV, so they said if I paid for the clothes, no more would be said..
That kept the rain away for Duxford last weekend, so lets hope it still works...

Looking forward to seeing everyone...lets hope not too many Sunday drivers get in the way...
Old 11-06-2016, 06:40 PM   #23
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Looking forward to meeting you guys tomorrow at Mildenhall
Old 11-06-2016, 07:39 PM   #24
RossObey01

Slight change of plan for me tomorrow. Due to the impending ride from Norfolk to Devon tomorrow afternoon I'm going to meet you guys at Mildenhall for a coffee and slice of cake then head straight back rather than carrying on to the gardens.

Not ideal but it saves making a long day even longer by heading further into Norfolk.

Apologies, I was looking forward to the group ride!
Old 11-06-2016, 08:00 PM   #25
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

It'll still be good to see you again Ross...Not sure I would want to be adding a couple of hundred miles on to the front of a ride like that either.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:08 PM   #26
iMOC

Hey all

I may have to miss out on the full ride to the gardens, (wifey has made afternoon plans) but should be able to meet at Mildenhall.

@Grumpy - do you want to meet at Caxton Gibbet Svs prior to moving on to Mildenhall?
Old 13-06-2016, 08:36 AM   #27
sapone cremoso

Thank you for organising a great day Gazza. Good to meet some more youthful exuberance in the club too. You found some Awesome roads between Mildenhall & the gardens & the weather looked after us as well. Amazing gardens, as you know i'm very into plant life. Special thanks for pointing me in the right direction home too, cruzed back without a hitch & still didn't get wet. Bloody brilliant day, ta very much.
Old 13-06-2016, 09:10 AM   #28
RossObey01

Yup thanks Gazza, sorry I couldn't make the rest of it. Sam, did you manage to find a nice quiet area to enjoy the plants?

I got absolutely soaked on the way back to Devon. If anyone fancies a trip down this way let me know, there are some great roads.
Old 13-06-2016, 10:17 AM   #29
sapone cremoso

The whole thing was a nice quiet area to enjoy plants Ross, what a treat!
Old 13-06-2016, 07:06 PM   #30
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Sorry I was late to the party....I slipped up and left home too late!
It was good to see you all at the cafe though. Thanks to Grumpy, RonO and Ross for turning out even if you couldn't make the run.

Thanks for all the kind words Sam...We had a blast didn't we...

73 dry miles of very mixed roads...Most of my favorite Norfolk twisty bits cunningly stitched together with enough straights to get past the Sunday drivers, who were mercifully few.

I enjoyed drinking in the splendour of the gardens with all it's criss-crossing long avenues, each with a stunning focal point or distant view, and a maze of little gardens in between.. It didn't take us long to get lost...Something new and different round each corner.
The hot humid weather really made the Tropical Rainforest sections come to life.

This outing deserved a bigger audience...I will repeat it next year if folk would like another chance to do it.